Author Topic: Tag Challenges?  (Read 1684 times)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tag Challenges?
« on: April 11, 2005, 11:33:56 AM »
Has the KCFDC ever thought of having Tag Challenges?

I've read about them on a couple different message boards, and they sound like they could be alot of fun, if people get into it.

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Tag Challenges?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 09:04:28 AM »
This is the first year out of the last 3 that we did not.  The enthusiasm was down, and we only sold 45 last year.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tag Challenges?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 10:12:31 AM »
Quote from: "jack"
This is the first year out of the last 3 that we did not.  The enthusiasm was down, and we only sold 45 last year.

Shoot to me it sounds like alot of fun.  Maybe next year

tedkeith

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tag Challenges?
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 07:04:32 AM »
Part of the problem I think was that the tags had to be purchased and there was zero chance of any return. Bragging rights only.

I believe the cost of getting the tags is pretty minimal. Could be another recruiting tool for the club. KCFDC could spring for them and issue to all active members.

"Hey, wheredya git that? How can I get one?"

Pay out or not, it would not cost the tag holders. A small perk for joining and might lead to a few new memebers.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tag Challenges?
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2005, 12:28:18 PM »
Quote from: "tedkeith"
Part of the problem I think was that the tags had to be purchased and there was zero chance of any return. Bragging rights only.

That's too bad, I'd say the return is getting the club a little extra money.

I believe the cost of getting the tags is pretty minimal. Could be another recruiting tool for the club. KCFDC could spring for them and issue to all active members.

"Hey, wheredya git that? How can I get one?"

Pay out or not, it would not cost the tag holders. A small perk for joining and might lead to a few new memebers.

Another  thing to do is add, the cost of the tag's to membership ie $5, or $10 and if the club pockets a few bucks off it, then good.

I would personally like to see it come back next year, and this forum would be the perfect place to set up matches and stuff.

Thanks,
Dennis

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
bag tags
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 12:31:38 PM »
they did a really good bag tag system last year here in michigan that worked out really well and everyone really enjoyed it.  they had over 100 and u could challenge anyone who had a tag at any tourny or casual round, leagues, etc.. and at the end of the year they had a bag tag tourny for tag members only and had a payout with the extra tag money and cheap tourny fee.  its too bad there wont be one in KC, i was looking forward to it when i move out there.
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.