Author Topic: Down Under Thanks  (Read 656 times)

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
Down Under Thanks
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:33:40 AM »
Dynamic Discs organized a work day on Sunday spent 2 hours cleaning with the help and thanks to Jay Rivard, Danny Knox, Ben Hansen and myself ( also Dan Cashen's cart). We hauled 24 bags of trash out of the Down Under and got all the trash out. I will be working on a sign this week to get made up talking about keeping the bottles out and "Pack it in Pack it out".
There has been a lot of work done Down Under and if anyone can post the names we would all like to know who everyone is. Also the club tracks the time to talk to the various Parks Departments about what our players give back.
Thanks to all who give back!
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
Re: Down Under Thanks
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:46:30 AM »
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:13:19 AM »
I saw Miles McKee and Steve Hostetler working on the front 5-6 holes for many hours. DU is looking amazing, THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 10:44:35 AM »
Played DU yesterday for the first time in nearly 2 years, and was very impressed. Great job to everyone who is taking care of this KC gem.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 05:54:42 PM »
I appreciate everyone who helped. I know what its like doing it by yourself.
Steven Disc Glover

Danny Rodriguez

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »
down under looked as good as ever IMO,   thanks to all those who work and care for it. :)

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 06:53:47 PM »
I know what its like doing it by yourself.

I'm sure you are rather used to "doing it by yourself" by now, Glover ;D

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 08:26:55 PM »
I wouldn't point this out normally but you walked right by me without offering help.

Are you saying that there is a Neckbeard impersonator in Kansas City? Last time I checked I am 1500 miles away from Down Under, DonG lover. So quit accusing me of not helping and continue "doing it by yourself"

I see you deleted your post already, Glover. Don't worry I got you quoted ;)

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 09:56:20 PM »
I never said when it happened. It's true though.

Seriously, Don? So some day years ago I was playing a round while you were working and I didn't halt my round to help...who gives a sh*t? How do you know what I had going on that day? Just because you decided to play in the garbage that day didn't make every person who walked by obligated to help. I did course work when I was there-I carried buckets full of sand down to those DU tee boxes, I carried out garbage, and I do a sh*t ton of work up here in Vermont where it is really needed in a small golf community-so take your self righteous bullsh*it elsewhere. I was just poking fun at a poor choice of words you picked, Glover-don't accuse me of being a lazy f*cker who doesn't help on the courses I love so much. I'll tell you what-I am gonna be in KC for ONE day in a month on my way to a music festival, and I am going to play down under, and THEN I am going to carry garbage sacks out. On my vacation. Because I still love KC and DU is the first course I ever played in 97' and I love it dearly. Okay, Stevie???