Author Topic: wtf  (Read 1426 times)

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: wtf
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
That's frightening-but my animal experience there was truly terrifying... the first time I ever played PHILL in 2009 I got charged by a screaming bare-chested chimpanzee wearing blue pants. The thing was 30 feet up in a tree on #3 and when it saw me it clammered down the trunk 30' and covered 50' of open ground, all in about 4 seconds flat, all the while screaming monkey jibberish at me. Like you, I also about sh*t my pants hard. At the time I had no idea there was an exotic animal park next door. Turns out his name was Joey and he was a sweetheart. When he reached me he crawled up my body like a tree and gave me a big hug-then he just stared at me and wouldn't let go. This was a few weeks after that famous chimp attack in Cali where the chimp ate the face and hands off his owner-so I was a little concerned having Joey 3 inches from my face, but then his trainer ran up and reassured me that Joey wasn't going to mutilate me. It was a really bizarre experience.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »
Only in Pleasant Hill....

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 04:57:30 PM »
That's frightening-but my animal experience there was truly terrifying... the first time I ever played PHILL in 2009 I got charged by a screaming bare-chested chimpanzee wearing blue pants. The thing was 30 feet up in a tree on #3 and when it saw me it clammered down the trunk 30' and covered 50' of open ground, all in about 4 seconds flat, all the while screaming monkey jibberish at me. Like you, I also about sh*t my pants hard. At the time I had no idea there was an exotic animal park next door. Turns out his name was Joey and he was a sweetheart. When he reached me he crawled up my body like a tree and gave me a big hug-then he just stared at me and wouldn't let go. This was a few weeks after that famous chimp attack in Cali where the chimp ate the face and hands off his owner-so I was a little concerned having Joey 3 inches from my face, but then his trainer ran up and reassured me that Joey wasn't going to mutilate me. It was a really bizarre experience.

Are you sure the creature wasn't mostly hairless on it's head and wearing a steelers jersey?

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 09:56:05 PM »
Strangely enough, i think he WAS there that day...

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 07:21:29 AM »
I thought you were out at P Hill playing league that day; that was probably the 2nd full year the course was in the ground and remember, Doug, you were a frequent player.  Noone meant any offense, we didn't insult your service.  Thanks for that too, by the way.  Lighten up a little bit.

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 09:15:13 AM »
dclabe

Re: Pleasant Hill League
« Reply #196 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41:35 AM »

Pleasant Hill League, Sunday 5/17 (Sunny 68 degrees, South - Southwest wind 5 -8 mph)

Fourteen players out for League at Lake Shore on a crystal clear day.  Moved pins on #8 and #14 before league.  Well, this one is all about Leo/Ted.....who obliterated the field by 7 strokes. :o  On a perfect day for disc golf they brought their "A" game and in the process set a new course record of 41. :P To be honest, with the current course configuration, I didn't think that there were 13 birdies out there.....a couple of the highlights from their round, birdied #16 from about 80', then followed it with the first birdie during league on #17 from about 100'.

Leo DaPrato
Brian Palmer
Bill Neenan
Caleb Coffman
Brandon Elkins
Will Love
Matt Fox
   Ted Keith
Dan Coffman
Spencer W
Doug Kroll
Leslie Palmer
Aaron Morris
Shane Dierson
   $42.00
$28.00

Next weekend league will be noonthirty Sunday 5/24 at Lake Shore, hope to see you there....if you have questions about league give me a call at 816-210-1063.
Report to moderator   Logged
Keizer

« Reply #197 on: May 18, 2009, 12:48:20 PM »

That's just not right, even for best-shot dubs! Fine job, fellas!
Report to moderator   Logged
Spencer

« Reply #198 on: May 18, 2009, 01:04:59 PM »

Had a BLAST at my first round at Pleasant Hill!!! Although the golf and beautiful lake/course were definately a plus, the highlight came while I was warming up on hole #3 prior to league.  I was teeing off when a guy came walking across the fairway with a CHIMPANZEE on a leash! As if that wasn't strange enough, as i walked down the fairway the thing came running towards me. After the handler convinced me he was just a baby and wouldn't bite my face off the thing climbed up me and didn't want to let go. Talk about a weird occurrence at the golf course! Anyways, I believe that getting a hug from "Joey" the Chimp gave me some good luck, as we finished our doubles round on #3 and I was able to make my only good putt of the day for a 30-35' birdie. All I can say is Monkey Karma ;D

Actually Doug, you were there. The original thread is above. It happened in May, BEFORE your 3 month absence, a.k.a. the best 3 months of my phill disc golf life. So like Sir Brian Palmer said, lighten up Francis. Also, weren't the official First and Second Battles of Fallujah in 2004? Did they send you in 5 years later to annoy all the surviving terrorists to death? If so I am surprised any of them survived

Wait! there is more......

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING VIDEO MAY MAKE YOU LAUGH (unless you are Steeler Doug)
Steelers Suck It - 100.7 The Bay in Baltimore

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
Thanks Spencer for the thread searching legwork.  I was a bit too lazy to search the league results.  The old memory's still kickin'!

Loomis

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 09:56:29 AM »
I hear if you go out to Lee's Summit you will see the rarest of rare beasts running amok in the untamed streets out there. It's not a fast animal, but it's still very, very frightening if you see it charging at you... Beware of the vicious and extremely deadly... PALMERANIAN!!! It's wide mouth is filled with gnashing teeth - there are chunks of undigested flesh still caught in between them - and its breath reeks of stale alcohol. Its feet are turned outward as it runs to allow the dewclaw to dig in to the harsh terrain and thus produce more traction. Nothing which runs slower than two miles an hour is safe!!! Its head swings violently from side to side as it runs to look for prey and predator alike. Its tiny tyrannosaurus rex-like arms are kept tucked close to the body to allow for more streamline aerodynamics as it attacks its prey!!!!   

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!! Stay away from the dark streets of Lee's Summit at dawn and dusk!!!

chi chi rodweez

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 10:23:16 AM »
you clowns are too funny!   Neckbeard what's up?  Hope all is well.  threat searching legwork...ha..gotta love the net.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 02:29:26 PM »
I hear if you go out to Lee's Summit you will see the rarest of rare beasts running amok in the untamed streets out there. It's not a fast animal, but it's still very, very frightening if you see it charging at you... Beware of the vicious and extremely deadly... PALMERANIAN!!! It's wide mouth is filled with gnashing teeth - there are chunks of undigested flesh still caught in between them - and its breath reeks of stale alcohol. Its feet are turned outward as it runs to allow the dewclaw to dig in to the harsh terrain and thus produce more traction. Nothing which runs slower than two miles an hour is safe!!! Its head swings violently from side to side as it runs to look for prey and predator alike. Its tiny tyrannosaurus rex-like arms are kept tucked close to the body to allow for more streamline aerodynamics as it attacks its prey!!!!   

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!! Stay away from the dark streets of Lee's Summit at dawn and dusk!!!

stick to legacy park's disc golf course and you should be safe.