Author Topic: Would you play a PDGA League at Cliff in 2013?  (Read 848 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Would you play a PDGA League at Cliff in 2013?
« on: September 27, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »
I am thinking of making the Monday Cliff League a PDGA league, where you get points, etc for playing.  I would charge the extra $1 to be included, and if you don't want to be included it wouldn't be a requirement, unless you made the 3rd person that has a rating to keep the ratings alive.  This would be a way to track the ratings for the course, and a chance for you to get points to help with invitations to Worlds.  I think that it may help in some areas, but am curious what those in cyberland think before I request this denomination of the BoD.

The PDGA leagues allow for slightly lax from their rules, and enforcement accordingly, so though we would want to be a little more stringent on the rules, I wouldn't say that this is a tournament setting, but we would ask that while playing under the PDGA rules, you follow the appropriate guidelines. 

If overwhelming support may drive more traffic to the course on Monday's, I am looking into it.  If this is a case where anarchists rue the day then I will take that into consideration as well. 

I am uncertain if we can have part of the field pay for the PDGA part, and part not, because I think that we need to keep scores for all, but I will be looking into it, if so, it may be worth the extra $1 to get points all the time out here.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Would you play a PDGA League at Cliff in 2013?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:12:41 PM »
Just don't put me on a narc card, all I ask. ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 07:11:52 PM »
Reading various pages on the PDGA website,

http://www.pdga.com/ready-set-leagues

http://www.pdga.com/leagues

http://www.pdga.com/your-league-now-pdga-ratings

I didn't see that all dates had to be played.  What I mean is, if you have a 6 or 10 week league, but could only make 50% of them, you still would get points for the ones you played.  If I'm understanding this correctly, I would play at least 50% of the time.

As a Rec rated player, I don't play in leagues often, because there isn't much reward for paying somebody else's earnings.  I stick to tournies because at least I get something (player's pack), and if I played league 4x/month, I've almost paid for a tournament.

If I received points and ratings, the $5 payout that I would never see would be worth it to me doing it as often as I could.  It's just a matter of how often that would be, which would proly be about every other week.

BTW - I love Cliff Drive.  First time I hit basket on a drive was on Hole 2.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
i would play the league in an eight week format with a master pot payout for the top third or 40 percent, and pay $40 or so entry, so i guess 8 for the ace and 8 for the club leaves 24 to the master pot, with the course ace fund in effect. because i think this would be a more serious league, the scoring will be competitive, so maybe even drop the best and worst score and payout on the 6 round total, giving players 2 "drop" weeks if needed. in stl leagues, you pay upfront of course, so yeah, i'm probably in and the earlier you choose the start date the better.
espouse elucidation

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »
First I have heard of it.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 10:13:37 PM »
These choices are ... interesting?!?
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »
Ok, Danger, I see what you are saying.  So you want it to be more of a "League" pay in advance, and make it happen.  I could go that direction, and it may be for a 12 week window, and you need to have 7-8 weeks to qualify, charge $40 for those that want to pay in advance, and then those that don't would get "dinged" an extra $1 to play that night.  The problem is that I believe that you also need to pay the PDGA $1/person per night as well for this.  But I like the idea of having a "test run" to see how it may work.  The question then becomes do we look at having a "weekly" payout in addition if you so desire.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 11:51:16 AM »
 just seeing if there's an interest in league format vs weekly mini format. as far as payout goes, i am a skins fan, and since the club, ace and pdga are paid in advance, why not quarter skins?
espouse elucidation