Author Topic: Would you play a PDGA League at Cliff in 2013?  (Read 1840 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Would you play a PDGA League at Cliff in 2013?
« on: September 27, 2012, 04:17:09 PM »
I am thinking of making the Monday Cliff League a PDGA league, where you get points, etc for playing.  I would charge the extra $1 to be included, and if you don't want to be included it wouldn't be a requirement, unless you made the 3rd person that has a rating to keep the ratings alive.  This would be a way to track the ratings for the course, and a chance for you to get points to help with invitations to Worlds.  I think that it may help in some areas, but am curious what those in cyberland think before I request this denomination of the BoD.

The PDGA leagues allow for slightly lax from their rules, and enforcement accordingly, so though we would want to be a little more stringent on the rules, I wouldn't say that this is a tournament setting, but we would ask that while playing under the PDGA rules, you follow the appropriate guidelines. 

If overwhelming support may drive more traffic to the course on Monday's, I am looking into it.  If this is a case where anarchists rue the day then I will take that into consideration as well. 

I am uncertain if we can have part of the field pay for the PDGA part, and part not, because I think that we need to keep scores for all, but I will be looking into it, if so, it may be worth the extra $1 to get points all the time out here.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

Re: Would you play a PDGA League at Cliff in 2013?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:12:41 PM »
Just don't put me on a narc card, all I ask. ;D

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 07:11:52 PM »
Reading various pages on the PDGA website,

http://www.pdga.com/ready-set-leagues

http://www.pdga.com/leagues

http://www.pdga.com/your-league-now-pdga-ratings

I didn't see that all dates had to be played.  What I mean is, if you have a 6 or 10 week league, but could only make 50% of them, you still would get points for the ones you played.  If I'm understanding this correctly, I would play at least 50% of the time.

As a Rec rated player, I don't play in leagues often, because there isn't much reward for paying somebody else's earnings.  I stick to tournies because at least I get something (player's pack), and if I played league 4x/month, I've almost paid for a tournament.

If I received points and ratings, the $5 payout that I would never see would be worth it to me doing it as often as I could.  It's just a matter of how often that would be, which would proly be about every other week.

BTW - I love Cliff Drive.  First time I hit basket on a drive was on Hole 2.
Rob Martin
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
https://www.facebook.com/MaverickDiscGolf

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »
i would play the league in an eight week format with a master pot payout for the top third or 40 percent, and pay $40 or so entry, so i guess 8 for the ace and 8 for the club leaves 24 to the master pot, with the course ace fund in effect. because i think this would be a more serious league, the scoring will be competitive, so maybe even drop the best and worst score and payout on the 6 round total, giving players 2 "drop" weeks if needed. in stl leagues, you pay upfront of course, so yeah, i'm probably in and the earlier you choose the start date the better.
espouse elucidation                                               Be excellent to each other

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »
First I have heard of it.

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 10:13:37 PM »
These choices are ... interesting?!?
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 10:32:16 AM »
Ok, Danger, I see what you are saying.  So you want it to be more of a "League" pay in advance, and make it happen.  I could go that direction, and it may be for a 12 week window, and you need to have 7-8 weeks to qualify, charge $40 for those that want to pay in advance, and then those that don't would get "dinged" an extra $1 to play that night.  The problem is that I believe that you also need to pay the PDGA $1/person per night as well for this.  But I like the idea of having a "test run" to see how it may work.  The question then becomes do we look at having a "weekly" payout in addition if you so desire.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 11:51:16 AM »
 just seeing if there's an interest in league format vs weekly mini format. as far as payout goes, i am a skins fan, and since the club, ace and pdga are paid in advance, why not quarter skins?
espouse elucidation                                               Be excellent to each other