Author Topic: Thornfield - Oct 20th, KANSAS LAND TRUST‘S DISC GOLF FUNDRAISER  (Read 680 times)

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
I know it's Club Championships weekend but if you are not playing the CC this is a great organization to support.

More info here, registration here.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Thornfield - Oct 20th, KANSAS LAND TRUST‘S DISC GOLF FUNDRAISER
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 12:35:38 PM »
I would prefer that we have it so that we pay 50% to the event, but this may help.  If we can pay 50% to the charity and get 2 entries free, we are all winning and supporting a good cause.

Hello Dan – it was a pleasure to meet you at the Ozanam Disc Golf Tournament back on September 8th, and I appreciate your taking the time to chat with me during a very busy morning!

I wanted to touch base with you on two things –

1.       As you had mentioned, it is indeed looking as if we actually have more sponsors than players.  As of today, we have sponsorships available for 5 teams, but no players for these teams!  Several teams also need to be “filled out”…So we are in a position to have some 24 players sign up without having to pay a registration fee.

a.      Two teams are already set:

i.      The Suburban Lawn & Garden Team, which consists of Nick Hanna, Brad Thomas, Luke Hanna, and Joel Steed

ii.      The Rouse Hendricks Team, which consists of Mark McGrory, Matt McGrory, and 2 other players.

b.      Two teams are partially full:

i.      Kohart Accounting Team, which has one firm player, but may need 2 or possibly 3 to complete the team;

ii.      The Lawrence Fools Guild, which has one firm player, and which needs 3 to complete the team.

c.       The following teams need a full complement of 4 players:

i.      The Aul Team

ii.      The Intrust Bank Team

iii.      The Cap City Bank Team I

iv.      The Cap City Bank Team II

So here is my question for part 1:  can you spread the word to 24 players that they can sign up for these teams for free?  Do you need anything from KLT to help you do that?  Also: we’d love to have many more disc golfers sign up (like about 60!) , but they will have to pay $50.  Can you let the potential players know that we do have nice goodie bags for all players, that we do have some terrific prizes, and that we are offering a free lunch with free beer for the players?  Is there anything I can do to help you get out the word?

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:36:48 PM »
Doh!

Carol Huettner [mailto:chuettner@klt.org]

Tell her that Dan Cashen asked you to discuss it!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 12:55:34 PM »
I'd be glad to play Thornfield for free!  ;D

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
The lady responded back to me and is good for our disc golf aptitude and attitude.

Slimmer
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 02:33:31 PM »
More contact info

Carol says:
 Any players seeking a team to play for in our October 20th tournament are welcome to contact me directly at carol@klt.org<mailto:carol@klt.org> or at 785-749-3297.  I appreciate your passing this info along to folks who might be interested.

I will be GrandMaster Am marshall for Lawrence Fools Guild
How appropriate.

Jiminy
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »
I received this from Carol this morning.

"Good morning Dan – I know this is foolishly late to ask, but if at tomorrow’s tournament we have several people who are interested in a disc golf lesson, would you be able to provide instruction?  The instruction time would commence around 8:15a or so.  If you could do so, I would be very much obliged!!  Thank you for your assistance, and I am looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!  --best, Carol H."

I told her I would be happy to but if anyone more knowledgeable than myself wanted to give a mini clinic around 8:15a tomorrow I know there would be some appreciative attendees.

ps.  Jim Neil, "foolish attire" is the dress code for the guild members tomorrow.