Author Topic: Thornfield - Oct 20th, KANSAS LAND TRUST全 DISC GOLF FUNDRAISER  (Read 633 times)

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
I know it's Club Championships weekend but if you are not playing the CC this is a great organization to support.

More info here, registration here.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Thornfield - Oct 20th, KANSAS LAND TRUST全 DISC GOLF FUNDRAISER
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 12:35:38 PM »
I would prefer that we have it so that we pay 50% to the event, but this may help.  If we can pay 50% to the charity and get 2 entries free, we are all winning and supporting a good cause.

Hello Dan it was a pleasure to meet you at the Ozanam Disc Golf Tournament back on September 8th, and I appreciate your taking the time to chat with me during a very busy morning!

I wanted to touch base with you on two things

1.       As you had mentioned, it is indeed looking as if we actually have more sponsors than players.  As of today, we have sponsorships available for 5 teams, but no players for these teams!  Several teams also need to be 吐illed out賠So we are in a position to have some 24 players sign up without having to pay a registration fee.

a.      Two teams are already set:

i.      The Suburban Lawn & Garden Team, which consists of Nick Hanna, Brad Thomas, Luke Hanna, and Joel Steed

ii.      The Rouse Hendricks Team, which consists of Mark McGrory, Matt McGrory, and 2 other players.

b.      Two teams are partially full:

i.      Kohart Accounting Team, which has one firm player, but may need 2 or possibly 3 to complete the team;

ii.      The Lawrence Fools Guild, which has one firm player, and which needs 3 to complete the team.

c.       The following teams need a full complement of 4 players:

i.      The Aul Team

ii.      The Intrust Bank Team

iii.      The Cap City Bank Team I

iv.      The Cap City Bank Team II

So here is my question for part 1:  can you spread the word to 24 players that they can sign up for these teams for free?  Do you need anything from KLT to help you do that?  Also: we壇 love to have many more disc golfers sign up (like about 60!) , but they will have to pay $50.  Can you let the potential players know that we do have nice goodie bags for all players, that we do have some terrific prizes, and that we are offering a free lunch with free beer for the players?  Is there anything I can do to help you get out the word?

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:36:48 PM »
Doh!

Carol Huettner [mailto:chuettner@klt.org]

Tell her that Dan Cashen asked you to discuss it!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 12:55:34 PM »
I'd be glad to play Thornfield for free!  ;D

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
The lady responded back to me and is good for our disc golf aptitude and attitude.

Slimmer
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 02:33:31 PM »
More contact info

Carol says:
 Any players seeking a team to play for in our October 20th tournament are welcome to contact me directly at carol@klt.org<mailto:carol@klt.org> or at 785-749-3297.  I appreciate your passing this info along to folks who might be interested.

I will be GrandMaster Am marshall for Lawrence Fools Guild
How appropriate.

Jiminy
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »
I received this from Carol this morning.

"Good morning Dan I know this is foolishly late to ask, but if at tomorrow痴 tournament we have several people who are interested in a disc golf lesson, would you be able to provide instruction?  The instruction time would commence around 8:15a or so.  If you could do so, I would be very much obliged!!  Thank you for your assistance, and I am looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!  --best, Carol H."

I told her I would be happy to but if anyone more knowledgeable than myself wanted to give a mini clinic around 8:15a tomorrow I know there would be some appreciative attendees.

ps.  Jim Neil, "foolish attire" is the dress code for the guild members tomorrow.