Author Topic: EMAC signed Pink Force on EBAY  (Read 1109 times)

Disciple

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
EMAC signed Pink Force on EBAY
« on: October 08, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »
Someone found EMAC's disc that he lost during the USDG Championship tournament over the weekend and is now selliing it to the highest bidder.

http://www.ebay.com/soc/itm/221136820126?roken=AF58NM
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 01:56:34 PM by Disciple »
Student of the Disc
JHARV 171

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
Re: EMAC signed Pink Force on EBAY
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
Wow, good call ebayer! does Emac sign all of his discs on the top?
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 02:05:08 PM »
I would bet that its a legit sale, why else would you put all the information down about it being E-Mac and being in Roc-Hill?

Seems awful bawdy to do it like this unless you were confident that it was ok to sell.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »
On Face Book EMac is saying this guy made no attempt to return it to him after fishing it out of the water and he would like to have it back. He's not happy about this sale.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 02:42:10 PM »
This is far from legit. This is the same guy who was arrested this week for taking discs from the lake and selling them on Ebay.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 02:48:14 PM »
It's just a disc, right?

I guess if I wanted my disc back badly enough, I'd make sure to get it out of that lake before someone else did. When a disc is lost, you can hope it's returned to you, but you should not expect it. Like Slim Neal says, don't marry your discs, for they will leave you!
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »
On Face Book EMac is saying this guy made no attempt to return it to him after fishing it out of the water and he would like to have it back. He's not happy about this sale.

YIkes.

That is horrendous especially the luck E-Mac has had this year with discs being taken.

The nerve.  Can you imagine someone taking Mickelson's putter and putting it on E-bay because the caddy forgot to get it?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 03:09:15 PM »
Dang,

I was going to go and try to buy it for him, and the sale ended.  Did it end early?  I just may not have paid attention to the time of it either.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 03:17:48 PM »
It's just a disc, right?

I guess if I wanted my disc back badly enough, I'd make sure to get it out of that lake before someone else did. When a disc is lost, you can hope it's returned to you, but you should not expect it. Like Slim Neal says, don't marry your discs, for they will leave you!

He lost it during a tournament and can not just "go get it". Then the guy in questions went in at night with scuba gear illegally to retrieve discs.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 03:24:58 PM »
It's just a disc, right?

He lost it during a tournament and can not just "go get it". Then the guy in questions went in at night with scuba gear illegally to retrieve discs.

It's not serious business, don't be all HURRR and sh1t.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 03:27:35 PM »
I've seen several discs for sale on eBay recently from Rock Hill. Presumably the same guy? One of those discs was (is?) a 25th annual KCWO roc...
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 04:29:37 PM »
more power to those who retrieve discs. when you lose a disc boo hoo and it's over. finders keepers. it is cool to get the occaisional returned disc. the real douche bags are the people who spend too much for second hand plastic that was thrown by a notable player! the notable players really should be flattered that their plastic is being promoted on sites such as ebay. i highly doubt emac misses any of his old discs or is 'pissed' that a resourceful entrpreneur is making the game we all play and love more visible.
espouse elucidation

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 05:09:09 PM »
The only issue I see is the scuba diver not having permission to retrieve the discs. Other than that.. If you don't make it over the water, sucks to be you. This coming from a guy who has lost more than I own....and I own many. The Mickelson comparison is silly to say the least..
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 05:11:50 PM »
From EMac on FB:

"Attention Disc Golfers! DO NOT BUY THIS DISC! This is NOT a Signature disc from me, it's a Force I lost on hole 17 at the USDGC this past week. I guess it's true, people don't return discs anymore, they find them and sell on eBay...Wow!"

So, I guess you could say he is a bit pissed about it. I'm on the fence about it personally. I mean, if you lost it and didn't get it back before the end of the tourney by some nice person turning it in to lost and found then had to take off to another state I would think the expectation of getting it back would be pretty low. But for this guy to dive into a body of water on private property without permission before the baskets were even cold from the tourney shows an opportunistic entrepreneurial spirit that is unethical at best. Not to mention he was trespassing. Sounds like he didn't even give the staff time to retrieve and return them as a courtesy to the players. Disc golfers aren't rich, yet. Multiply $15-$20 losses at tournaments can add up over time. But the quote from Slim Jim Neal is valid, "Don't marry your discs, for they will leave you.".
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:47:53 PM by Kevin Montgomery »
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 05:25:05 PM »
Petty, all the way around!