Author Topic: EMAC signed Pink Force on EBAY  (Read 1139 times)

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: EMAC signed Pink Force on EBAY
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2012, 07:30:17 PM »
Exactly
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 08:23:49 PM »
I had an encounter with a local disc golfer in Sedalia this afternoon that fell right into this category. We had a tourney here Saturday so I went out today to see if any of the floaters that were left behind were still there. When I got to the pond another guy had just left with some discs he fished out. I chased him down to let him know that I knew some of the people that owned the discs and I had told them I would try to fish them out and get them back to them. This guy, standing there with the discs in his hand, refused. He said he went in there in that disgusting mud and murky water and got them and he felt he had a right to them now, even though they had clearly visible names and phone numbers on them. He offered to sell them to me. Things got testy then I realized he had a point, I've been in that pond and it's pretty nasty mud.  I let it go and he took off with at least three discs I know the owners of and I could do nothing about it.

His point was that if you had it floating out there and left without finding a way to go out and retrieve it that you were giving up your ownership.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 08:45:39 PM »
I had an encounter with a local disc golfer in Sedalia this afternoon that fell right into this category. We had a tourney here Saturday so I went out today to see if any of the floaters that were left behind were still there. When I got to the pond another guy had just left with some discs he fished out. I chased him down to let him know that I knew some of the people that owned the discs and I had told them I would try to fish them out and get them back to them. This guy, standing there with the discs in his hand, refused. He said he went in there in that disgusting mud and murky water and got them and he felt he had a right to them now, even though they had clearly visible names and phone numbers on them. He offered to sell them to me. Things got testy then I realized he had a point, I've been in that pond and it's pretty nasty mud.  I let it go and he took off with at least three discs I know the owners of and I could do nothing about it.

His point was that if you had it floating out there and left without finding a way to go out and retrieve it that you were giving up your ownership.

We've had a group of dudes swimming in the pond in Olathe getting discs and selling them to play-it-again sports. Once, last Summer one of our home boys(Bryan C.) was playin a round and all three of the dudes were in the water, while their found stack of plasic was on the shore. He looked thru the stack before they could get to shore, and he snatched several that belonged to some of our posse and walked away, much to theor dismay. Finders-keepers.  ;D

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 08:56:58 PM »
If you give up on, or walk away.. then the person that finds that disc has no obligation to return it in my opinion.. sure, its a nice thing to do but entirely up to the person that has found or fished it out..

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 09:19:01 PM »
If you give up on, or walk away.. then the person that finds that disc has no obligation to return it in my opinion.. sure, its a nice thing to do but entirely up to the person that has found or fished it out..

That's a difficult concept to explain to some of these liberal commies around here, but that's the way it be!
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Loomis

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 11:37:06 PM »
This is the same guy who sold my discs I lost in the lake after last year's event. He's a scum bag.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 09:11:36 AM »

I am remembering this quote, and the guy that posted it for future reference! 8)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »

I am remembering this quote, and the guy that posted it for future reference! 8)
[/quote]

I wonder how long it is before he's posting on this site about a lost disc....Karma does suck
Where'd my disc go?
KCFDC #:  1472
PDGA#:  54955

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 10:01:20 AM »
A history between us on discs there is!  ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 10:03:20 AM »
I just want to know what happened to the honest part of this game? It's not your disc. I guess I was brought up different though, taught not to steal from others.

Guess it's just the Ohio-ian in me  8)
Where'd my disc go?
KCFDC #:  1472
PDGA#:  54955

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 11:17:27 AM »

I wonder how long it is before he's posting on this site about a lost disc....Karma does suck
[/quote]

Wait, what? Fred isn't saying he doesn't return discs he finds, dude. In fact, I don't recall anyone saying anything of that nature in this thread.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 11:37:40 AM »
Jack, I know that you have, and appreciate each of the disc's that you have returned to me and anyone else for that matter. When I walk away and decide that I have lost a disc though, I hold no one to some ethical or moral obligation to seek me out and return it. That goes for anyone....jews, gentiles, samarians, or even the most Godlike people....OHIO-ans

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 12:40:51 PM »
Jack, I know that you have, and appreciate each of the disc's that you have returned to me and anyone else for that matter. When I walk away and decide that I have lost a disc though, I hold no one to some ethical or moral obligation to seek me out and return it. That goes for anyone....jews, gentiles, samarians, or even the most Godlike people....OHIO-ans

Right.  I tend to give back now where I can, unless it is something that I am throwing......  I too have lost enough plastic over the years, and many times its just from stupidity.  Leaving a disc after you throw it.  So walking away it is.  I have gotten discs back though from California and Georgia over the years, so it is pretty cool when they return.  I even got a mini back that I left in San Diego about 7 years ago this past year......I got my lighter back from Feldberg at Worlds this year that he took from me at the Wide Open....so it is good to put your name on things, some people will return them!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"