Author Topic: City of Fountains - November 4th, 2012 - Unsanctioned  (Read 6110 times)

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: City of Fountains - November 4th, 2012 - Unsanctioned
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 01:57:20 PM »
I am certain there will be more but you should play anyways
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

coops

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 06:24:21 PM »
Only 1 person in advanced? I might have to play after all...

Or you could play open!

Loomis

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »
Every single one of you should be playing open. There is nothing at stake here. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your game will only get better if you play above your present level. This isn't a sanctioned event, the cost isn't that much more, so kick yourself in the berries and move up. You may lose, hell you WILL lose, but losing in open is better than winning in advanced or intermediate. Do you really want to win a free buzz or boss? If you just want plastic, sh1t, I will give you some of mine. I've got plenty of unused, tournament win plastic I will give you. If ANY of you are planning on playing in AM worlds next year, you need to play OPEN NOW, to get the experience you will need to be successful. This is a good chance to play at a higher level.

spnachio

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 09:39:21 PM »
Well I have heard this speech before: play with better and you get better. I sorta agree but I truly think what makes you better is playin for a lotta years and  tournaments. Don't get me wrong, when I'm playin league I don't mind being on a card with Cooper or Guthrie to see some new routes, hear some great dg stories, or get my questions answered, but when its a tourney I am lookin to stay in my skill level. Especially when there are so many tourneys in town to pick from. I'm gonna have to have a dg budget next year so I can play the ones I like(and I don't even travel to play). I know yall get lonely in open sometimes but I myself enjoy a nice buzz and getting to play on the cheap in rec/int divisions. Often these have the most people anyway. I got three years till I can play masters and that's when Ill be seasoned enough to play with the big dogs. So dont wear you arm out Loomis, Ill see ya in in 3 years.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:01:21 PM by spnachio »

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:40 PM »
Alright alright fine. I'll see you guys Sunday, I'm ready to donate to the cause.

Loomis

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 10:13:06 PM »
If you're playing the tournament to win, you won't be focusing on playing the best game you can, but playing just enough to beat the next guy. And that is exactly how you'll play tournaments until you learn that you're supposed to be playing "the course." But, if you just want to play to beat "the guy," then play UP, that way you get pushed to get better. You work harder. You season faster. It increases the stress, and that will make you a better player. Because what isn't taught to you in INT/REC and to some degree ADV, is how to beat the stress of the game.
This tournament is a good training experience for anyone wanting to know more about competition. You want to be successful in PDGA AM events? Then play PRO whenever you can in NON-sanctioned events. Period.

Again, if you are planning on going to AM WORLDS next year, then you owe it to yourself to play PRO now. And often.

Loomis

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 10:19:15 PM »
And my arm shoudl be healed in three years. If not, my left arm should be wicked by then.

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 11:16:06 PM »
That all makes a lot of sense, thanks Loomis. I'm definitely keeping AM Worlds in mind.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 08:44:14 AM »
Every single one of you should be playing open. There is nothing at stake here. Nothing to lose and everything to gain. Your game will only get better if you play above your present level. This isn't a sanctioned event, the cost isn't that much more, so kick yourself in the berries and move up. You may lose, hell you WILL lose, but losing in open is better than winning in advanced or intermediate. Do you really want to win a free buzz or boss? If you just want plastic, sh1t, I will give you some of mine. I've got plenty of unused, tournament win plastic I will give you. If ANY of you are planning on playing in AM worlds next year, you need to play OPEN NOW, to get the experience you will need to be successful. This is a good chance to play at a higher level.

I agree and do play better when amongst Open players. However, I still don't play well enough to cash with Open players, so it still feels like donating. ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 08:48:40 AM »

I agree and do play better when amongst Open players. However, I still don't play well enough to cash with Open players, so it still feels like donating. ;D

Not yet you don't cash! Look at as donating to YOUR game!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Loomis

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 08:49:29 AM »
Am is 10 bucks cheaper. So for 10 bucks you get "schooled" in a good way. Then when you play a bigger tournament in AM you will get it back when you place higher and your payout is larger. So win win

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 08:51:05 AM »
Am is 10 bucks cheaper. So for 10 bucks you get "schooled" in a good way. Then when you play a bigger tournament in AM you will get it back when you place higher and your payout is larger. So win win

Seriously Tech Team, WE NEED A *LIKE* button!!!!!!!  :)
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 09:05:13 AM »
It's all a Loomis trap.

Why's Loomis playing golf today?

Just like Bradley Williams, "I play to take your money".

2010 Fly Ink Open Skins Match - Handshakes (Disc Golf)

;D

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 09:18:09 AM »
It's all a Loomis trap.

Why's Loomis playing golf today?

Just like Bradley Williams, "I play to take your money".

2010 Fly Ink Open Skins Match - Handshakes (Disc Golf)

;D

Okay, so what happened at the beginning of the video? Did he jump the pad or push the other dude out of the way or something?
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 09:53:49 AM »
We had a few more registrations come in yesterday or at least people telling me they are playing.  I printed course maps and i am going out to Blue Valley later to do some work.  The weather is looking pretty good and the courses are looking awesome. 

Again if you know you are coming, i am not going to hound you about pre payment, I just want to save some time and have cards ready beforehand, so please message me or respond if you are playing and the division.  This will help speed up Sunday morning and make things run smoother.

Thanks
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City