Author Topic: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge - June 1-2, 2013  (Read 16776 times)

Loomis

Re: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »
Not this time, Fred. Minna and I are moving to Europe in June and probably won't be moving back before 2014. Thus, I will have to wait another full year before I can square up at the Team Challenge.

Loomis

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2013, 04:56:13 PM »
This is just a suggestion, but what about the week before the Wide Open? The courses should be in pristine shape. The weather will be suitable. The daylight makes for a longer day. And most of the locals involved would be around. My original thought was the week after, but it looks a little busy.

It's up to the bigger brains to decide. We would love to play but we understand if the fall is more suitable for everyone.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2013, 06:59:31 PM »
sounds awesome for first weekend in june
espouse elucidation

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2013, 09:06:20 AM »
Ok, I'm going to move this to June 1/2. It just seems like a better weekend over all.

That weekend works better for me.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2013, 03:49:35 PM »
Well....if this is the case, I would love to see some work done on the courses in advance then to have the courses set up in Wide Open fashion, or no on the Swope Gold?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

coops

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2013, 04:10:04 PM »
Swope Gold for the challenge would be pretty sweet.

Loomis

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2013, 08:09:10 PM »
Well thank goodness the board doesn't own the courses. WHEW! For a minute there I thought we were in trouble.

My vote. Early June.

There is nothing that the TEAM CHALLENGE would do to interfere, impede, or distract from the KCWO. Even if you do move the CHALLENGE to a different week, does the board think that the courses will magically empty on the weekend before - and remain pristine for the week leading up to -  the WO?

I'm offering my full support for any work that needs done for the Wide Open. OB rope? Tee Signs? Etc, etc.

With the way tournaments POP up in this town almost every weekend, if you push this back any, it will be lost. And i'm not just saying this because I won't be involved if you push it to the fall.

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:26 AM »
We dont 'own' the courses, no, but we do have live contracts with the city and parks department, as well as provide insurance for events.

Tracy, I was just informing you of the situation. For all events that want the benefits of having KCFDC blessings, we have a protocol that's followed. A tournament proposal is sent to the Board, we review it and make sure there arent any conflicts, and also assist the TD with tournament needs, etc.

I'm just sticking with the protocol that we offer to every TD and potential event. As of right now, there doesnt seem to be any conflicts. Given the type of event, (Fundraiser, Team Challenge, non-pdga) this shouldnt be an issue.

For us, as a Board, not to review the date switch would be unfair to any other potential events.

I'm offering my full support for any work that needs done for the Wide Open. OB rope? Tee Signs? Etc, etc.
All right! GEP31KCWO's first volunteer!
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Loomis

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 12:34:44 PM »
This centuries old BS about the contract with the cities and the insurance blah, blah, blah would mean something if this TEAM CHALLENGE was, in fact, a tournament. It has the same tone as a down under winter league or a beer league or any of the dozens of other non-contracted, uninsured events that occur on the courses over the year. And if the events and courses are insured, then expect a bill from me for an injury I sustained on one of "your" courses. To whom should I send that?

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 01:57:52 PM »
Send it to the BoD, Loomis. Just like the kid who fell off of 2's teepad at WW a couple of years ago. And what you are forgetting is the course will be closed for Team Challenge. So, no it is not just like Down Under League or Beer League. This is a club sanctioned and supported event.

Just as an FYI, this BoD member pushed to have East West (Team) Challenge take precedent over all other events as it is a club event.

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2013, 02:21:45 PM »
Just as an FYI, this BoD member pushed to have East West (Team) Challenge take precedent over all other events as it is a club event.

Me too. I love this event and I want it here to stay!
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2013, 08:52:12 AM »
THe big difference on the Wide Open isn't from people thinking that they will play the DD event over the WO, it is a simple matter of work that needs to get done on the courses within the timelines for the event, and then having the courses played heavily over that timeframe.

Getting the courses ready is work, and a few step up, many don't.  Many think wow, the P&R did something out here the firs week of June......it is the people that take pride in the courses for the guests on a premiere event.   

It is with this activity that I think that we want to make sure that the courses for the Wide Open are pristine in their appearance for the venue.  Surely some of you can appreciate that.

As for the Team Challenge, it is an event of ~30 people, so I think that the BoD should look at that, realization that the course isn't going to be closed and act accordingly.  It is vastly different from a full field wokring the course.

The fact remains though that the Wide Open will need help, so please help on the courses being slated for use:
WW-Rosie-BV-Swope
:-)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2013, 09:54:56 AM »
correct.  Cliff may be used IF we see registration overfill so much that we need to alter the scenarios accordingly, but at this point I doubt it is used in the event.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2013, 12:40:26 PM »
is this the "blue" VS "red"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2013, 12:41:07 PM »
I will work on having Cliff in good shape for this as well.  Unsure what configuration will be used by then....uncertain of P&R timeline on the trail, but......the other thing is if I am in Ohio as long as they state, I don't even know if I am going to be back by the 18th of March.... :(

Hope to be though!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"