Author Topic: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge - June 1-2, 2013  (Read 20252 times)

Loomis

Re: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »
It is and it isn't. There are two ways of reading the results. I think it will definitely level the playing field and that's a plus.

Loomis

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
Arturo is talented, but he failed to make the necessary adjustments to his game to be successful. He has the shots in his bag, but he wasn't able to take the information given to him by the tournament to create the shots he needed to shoot a good score. So he has talent, but he didn't know how to make adjustments. The second round he was able to apply his talent to his previous experience and shoot a good score. This is common with most players. Most people are complacent in their shot making because they know what disc to use on what hole. They've played that hole so many times it doesn't bother them when they step on the tee pad. But when you put these players in new positions - "playing it blind" - that's when their abilities really showcase themselves. Most "talented" people expose a weakness in their game which they don't develop - learning how to MAKE a shot not from what they see, but from what information they are given. If I say "this hole is uphill, 400 feet, wind is right to left, with OB on the left." what would you throw? OR, if I say, we are going to play WW hole 14. basket is in the far position. winds right to left. What would you throw? Most players familiar with WW will know what to throw, but how many people know what to throw for the first hole description? That's the difference between MAKING (or shaping) a shot - which is one kind of talent, of which there are many.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »
i'd be confused because that isn't the same hole you gave me the information on......WW #14 is downhill......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2013, 04:25:53 PM »
And Yes....WW is much easier than Lakeside

Ehhh....I wont even go there..
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2013, 05:03:49 PM »
With all the factions on the west side, I am sure am glad I'm on the east. I talked to east side captain, Ryan Keck, yesterday and he said he would have details this week.

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2013, 03:01:13 PM »
I apologize for the delay!  Things have been crazy busy for me and my family.  The first qualifier for the East Side will take place on Monday April 15th at the Cliff driveleague night.  I will be taking the top 4 in Open, as well as the top 2 in masters.  Will be on the hunt for the 2 available women's spots as well.  Remember that it is $25 if you did not qualify last year, and $10 if you did, and still have your shirt.  I will also be scoping out for my 2 captains pick. 

My second qualifier will be held at the Water Works league night on Thursday May 2nd.

Again, sorry for the delay, and I will see you all out there!!  Let's make it 2 in row!!

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2013, 03:08:48 PM »
So, I just realized that April 15th is the day after the GBO.  I will be switching it to the following Monday night, April 22nd.  Sorry about the confusion!

kevinmzane

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2013, 08:00:18 PM »
Is the 2nd the last/only chance left to qualify for the KS team?

Loomis

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »
On the table: A few new challenges...

Distance competition. With accuracy included? Driver, Putter, and Midrange?
Putting competition. Timed? Obstacles? Turbo, Loft, Spin and Opposite Hand?
GUTZ. Fully weighted discs?

And a booze round.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2013, 06:17:52 PM »
Don't forget "Thigh Curl Contest" 

The Office - Turf War

I would pay to see that happen.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ioLou2srlE
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:36:36 PM by eeastwood »

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »
So, as of this minute, the qualifier for the East side is still on.  If the weather turns on us, or starts to get nasty before league starts, then I will postpone to next monday the 29th.  Stay tuned for more info......

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »
Looks like the rain is going to hit. Are you going to move it back?
Matt perry

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »
I would prefer to not play out on the course tonight.  I know that it looks nice from the cleanup this weekend, but I think that next week may be better.

The issue is that I will probably be out of town next week due to work.....so I will be looking for someone to fill in running league next week as well.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2013, 10:46:48 PM »
So it ended up being a beautiful, but slightly soggy night.  We did play as scheduled.  I took the top 5 overall scores from the night that were playing for a qualifying spot, plus myself.  The now 6 spots taken are as follows:

CD Steiner
Jose Ossa
Zeke Henry
Jack Lowe
Jamie Danger
Ryan Keck

That means that I have 4 more Open spots, 2 more Masters, 2 Women, and 2 Captains pick.  Also I will be in need of Alternates, so don't be afraid to come out and try to qualify.  Odds are you may get to play one day or the other even if you don't automatically qualify!!  My next qualifier is at Water Works league on May 2nd!!  Reminder that it is $25 if you did not play last year, and $10 if you did, AND still have your shirt. 

BACK TO BACK!!  EAST SIDE!!

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2013, 08:00:24 PM »
Just a reminder that my final qualifier for the East will be at Water Works league this thursday May, 2nd!!