Author Topic: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge - June 1-2, 2013  (Read 16237 times)

coops

Re: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2013, 03:01:47 PM »
I was talking about overall score

2 strokes worth of tha burn!

Different courses on different days (and really even rounds) make the scores incomparable. At that point you have to default to the highest division.

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2013, 03:17:12 PM »
I dunno man, I dont really buy it. then you'd have 8am tee-time guys saying 2pm tee-time guys scores aren't comparable.

You cant give Tank the nod just because he played open. Conditions are really irrelevant. we all played the same courses.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »
Competition alone makes it incomparable. You can't tell me Matt or ANY Amateur would play the same against that field. Crazy talk.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »
Just cuz your a****** puckers when you play the pros doesn't mean that Matt's would. In fact most people play up to their competition. Just sayin'

Hey Utz, throw that BURN gif in there again would ya?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 04:08:35 PM by jhinck2 »
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »
I played some of the best golf I've ever played at the Branson cedars tournament with will Schusterick on my card...
Matt perry

coops

« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »
I dunno man, I dont really buy it. then you'd have 8am tee-time guys saying 2pm tee-time guys scores aren't comparable.

You cant give Tank the nod just because he played open. Conditions are really irrelevant. we all played the same courses.

They often aren't comparable. In Felberg's video-blog that Matt posted about on something (here or Facebook, I don't care to look back) he spoke of how, especially when the wind is gusty, you can't even compare your throw to someone who is teeing right before or after you. I think that is taking it a little too far, but the point is still valid.

Think back to the US Open (ball golf variety) a couple years back at Bethpage Black. The afternoon tee times got hosed because a giant storm came through and then the very next day, when they flip the tee times they got hammered again. The opposite tees, though, had a much easier go of it and had a much higher percentage of golfers that made the cut from those times.

My point was really, though, that in different conditions on different courses and with different competition the scores are not comparable and at that point the nod has to go to the Open field.

Winning Am is a great accomplishment and I'm not trying to take anything away from that feat. I am just saying that if you want to consider high KC finisher for that weekend it should come from the higher division.

And the wonderful thing is that all of this arguing is really irrelevant. We'll get to battle it out on the course to see who will come out on top. You guys got us last year (no thanks to Arturo's boss!) but I would imagine things will shake out a little bit different this year. Enjoy that trophy while you can.

Loomis

« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2013, 05:02:11 PM »
A 40 mph wind is much more of a factor at the Country Club than it is at Jones. Much more. And as I see it, the AMs got it easy with their schedule getting to play Jones last. The argument that conditions don't make a difference is moronic.

Conditions are really irrelevant. we all played the same courses.

If this statement was true, then by definition Utz's playing a round at 3 AM should be seen as the same round that I play on the same course at 3 pm.

AND

Conditions are incredible relevant, hence their mention in the TD's report to the PDGA.

I'm not taking anything away from Mr. Perry - he seems pretty happy with his rounds and I'm sure his momma has them posted on the fridge, I respect that - but don't pop the top on the bubbly just yet.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:05:29 PM by Loomis »

CRAMNATION7

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2013, 05:16:40 PM »
Good thing this is a team challenge and not individual. West side might have the best player but who has the best team? We'll have to wait and see.
But I do think east needs to at least have " try outs" with the best players there. Bad weather and bad communication ( from what I've heard) is why a lot of people didn't go to cliff for the first one.

Just saying  ;D

Jay Cram
Jay Cram

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2013, 05:21:24 PM »
Hey don't bring mommas into this! People take s*** talk way to seriously on this forum.
Matt perry

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2013, 05:30:10 PM »
I hope the captains can each post their team members list a few day before the event. It will be interesting to look at the match-ups in advance.

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2013, 02:22:08 AM »
Good thing this is a team challenge and not individual. West side might have the best player but who has the best team? We'll have to wait and see.
But I do think east needs to at least have " try outs" with the best players there. Bad weather and bad communication ( from what I've heard) is why a lot of people didn't go to cliff for the first one.

Just saying  ;D

Jay Cram

info was posted plenty of time in advance, with confirmations by both myself and the individual running league before, and day of.  If anyone has any concerns contact me.

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2013, 02:45:53 AM »
That being said, I will be making up for the snowed out round this coming Thursday, May 9th, at Water Works.  That will mean that both East and West will actually be holding a qualifier on the same night...  Do I smell a preview of things to come.  Hopefully the whining will stop, and people will come out and have some fun.

I have 4 more Open spots, 2 more Masters, 2 Women, and 2 Captains pick.  I will be choosing based on overall score.  That means that if you play advanced, you still can qualify. 

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2013, 10:59:22 AM »
Sure sounds like the West is still eating the Bitternut Squash Soup we Eastsiders served them last September. 

Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

Loomis

« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2013, 11:30:05 AM »
I think it's pretty obvious that the east didn't win but rather the west failed to perform up to their ability thus creating an opportunity. This defiency opened the door for the less talented east side to take advantage and walk away just as stunned in their victory as the west side is with the upset. Its a Waterloo. David vs Goliath. Lesser talent prevailed, something I'm sure everyone who sees this believes as well. Including the bitternut soup chefs from the east.

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2013, 11:38:00 AM »
Double digits.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound