Author Topic: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge - June 1-2, 2013  (Read 18169 times)

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
Re: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2013, 11:42:51 AM »
sample the broth of lemon grass soup, you will think clearly and heal quickly
espouse elucidation

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2013, 11:51:15 AM »
Man I'm pissed that I can't play. Tired of all the excuses. A loss is a loss Loomis. Call it what you want. Have no doubts that the east side will prove again who takes the cake. I'll be with you in spirit boys, good luck.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

coops

« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2013, 03:31:12 PM »
Man I'm pissed that I can't play. Tired of all the excuses. A loss is a loss Loomis. Call it what you want. Have no doubts that the east side will prove again who takes the cake. I'll be with you in spirit boys, good luck.

Excuses are different than reasons.

I think there is a solid point to be made that if Arturo's boss had let him off in the morning that we could have come away with a win. It is as simple as this: Slim didn't show and neither did Arturo. If Arturo were there you cannot make me believe that him with someone else would have beaten a single in the morning. That goes in as a 4 point swing (from a loss of 2 points to a win of 2 points). It is a very simple step from there to think that if we weren't down by as much that people may have performed better (less pressing in the afternoon).

I don't think anyone would say that that is how it would have happened, but it certainly is a plausible, reasoned extrapolation of the events.

Nobody is saying guys didn't play great, all we're saying is that you played too well and that we like the talent that we can assemble on this side of the state line a little better.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
I was talking about overall score

congrats on beating a buncha ams!!  ;)

AND you played the courses on different days

PLUS, We played the toughest course in the toughest condition, on Sunday...

Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2013, 03:47:11 PM »
I was talking about overall score

congrats on beating a buncha ams!!  ;)

AND you played the courses on different days

PLUS, We played the toughest course in the toughest condition, on Sunday...

ALL equal Irrelevant...!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2013, 04:32:52 PM »
Cooper you can play that Arturo card all you want but the point is the victory wasn't a fluke. The east side won. Very decisively. Typical jayhawker making excuses. Quit worrying about the what ifs and move on to this year, focus on how to keep us from repeating. I can tell you now it won't be easy.
Matt perry

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2013, 05:06:29 PM »
Cooper you can play that Arturo card all you want but the point is the victory wasn't a fluke. The east side won. Very decisively. Typical jayhawker making excuses. Quit worrying about the what ifs and move on to this year, focus on how to keep us from repeating. I can tell you now it won't be easy.

Can I get a retweet?

I'm not the caliber of Arturo, but if east side loses this year lets just write it off like Coop is doing cuz we are missing a player - who beat your best player last year head to head. All in good fun here boys, let the scores do the talking.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:10:07 PM by jhinck2 »
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

coops

« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2013, 05:09:57 PM »

I'm not playing any card, Matt. I'm using reason to point out that things could have been different last year. Not that they should have been or were different or that we got screwed or unlucky or that the world hates us, just that they could have been different.

And I don't think anyone on either side should think it will be easy to win this challenge. There are skilled players on both sides but I can tell you that we certainly expect to win. (As you guys should also probably expect to win.)

As far as the how to keep you from repeating: I think the answer just comes down to playing well. A number of players had off rounds last year and it changed the outcome. I think avoiding those sorts of bad rounds will be sufficient.

coops

« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2013, 05:12:51 PM »

Can I get a retweet?

I'm not the caliber of Arturo, but if east side loses this year lets just write it off like Coop is doing cuz we are missing a player - who beat your best player last year head to head. All in good fun here boys, let the scores do the talking.

It certainly is wonderful to have an argument mis-characterized and then attacked isn't it? Oh wait, no, that is called Strawman and it is a fallacy.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2013, 05:46:13 PM »
Apply all the logical arguments you want, it won't change what happened.  It's in the books and over.  Accept it and move on. 

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2013, 05:58:03 PM »
Man this thread hurts to read. Worst trash talk ever by both sides.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2013, 06:07:52 PM »

All in good fun! This is the song that never ends!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

coops

« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2013, 06:21:08 PM »
Apply all the logical arguments you want, it won't change what happened.  It's in the books and over.  Accept it and move on.

And again, a strawman! No one is claiming that it would, is, will, could, can, should, shall, or must.

The ONLY reason I pointed any of this out is that I don't want you guys to get too full of yourselves. It could have easily gone another direction and I was pointing that out. I guess if you haughtily want to believe that it is utterly impossible that you could have lost last year (or even just that it could have been closer) then go right ahead; I cannot argue with such nonsense.

coops

« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »

My head hurts trying to get people from Missouri to understand logic.

And I hope that none of my comments have been mistaken as trash talk (except maybe the one right above this line). I find trash talk to be boring. I'll argue but only from logic and reason. And I'll be excited when this thing is behind us and the trophy is back on this side of the state line.

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »
good luck
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!