Author Topic: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge - June 1-2, 2013  (Read 19492 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2013, 09:03:17 AM »
suffering a 1st degree tear in my calf and trying to play the second round did us no service at all.  i tried to play well, but injured as I was who knows... :P

I just admired the trophy on Friday night as a matter of fact.  Talk is cheap, and the win is the win, what if/could of's, should of's, if only....

Bring it on to the house of the best folks.  East Side.  I should know by this week if we are going to be playing a "new" tract at cliff, or if it will be delayed until later (I am guessing that is the case...)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Loomis

« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2013, 10:35:37 AM »
Is Waterworks part of the challenge this year?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2013, 10:39:29 AM »
Is Waterworks part of the challenge this year?

Please refer to page 1 of
http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=8422.0

Geesh, do we have to drive these guys to the courses as well? ;D :P
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Loomis

« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2013, 10:50:02 AM »
Then let's have the west side qualifier at Cliff or Wyco.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »

Saturday, June 1st, 5:20 (first card) at Wyco for alternate shot doubles.

5:20?
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2013, 10:21:27 PM »
c'mon it's saturday! how about 8:16???????????
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »
yes
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2013, 10:28:25 AM »
I am ok with it, but I know that Danger has to work generally by 4 on Saturday's, so it puts him out of it.... :'(
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
oh i can be late THAT saturday, but a 3pm start would be way cool junior, and can an alternate be inserted mid round?
espouse elucidation

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »
So I won't be able to make the last qualifier at WW this week (friend's bachelor party) but I'm happy to be an alternate or fill-in if the KS side needs spots.

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2013, 01:21:46 PM »
Qualifier this evening at Water Works league. Several spots up for grabs on both teams.

Ditto!!

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2013, 03:19:38 PM »
Kansas City Flying Disc Club
Team Championship

Purpose:
An annual KCFDC disc golf event to benefit the club and build local camaraderie around a team style competition.
The Event:
A matchplay points accumulation competition of three rounds over two days.  One round of alternate shot doubles (8 mtaches), one round of best shot doubles (8 matches) and one round of singles (16 matches). That means there are 32 points available.  The defending champion can retain the Team Trophy, if they obtain 16 or more points.  The challenger must score 16.5 points or more to take the Team Trophy away from the defending champion.  The winning team will get all their player's names put on the purpetual trophy.
The Players:
Teams will be comprised of 16 players (plus alternates) from their region, Kansas or Missouri, based on residency.  All players must be current KCFDC members and/or active members of the Kansas City area disc golf community. A ~50 mile radius from the conflux of the KS and MO rivers shall be used to determine the approximate region.

• Each team will have a selected Captain
  • Each team will carry 11 unrestricted players.
  • Additionally, each team must carry at least 3 masters (40+) aged men and at least 2 women.
  • Each team is encouraged to carry up to 4 alternate players.
    • Alternate players may be used to play any round in place of any other player. However,  #2 and #3 must be maintained for the 16 players competing in the round.
    • Substitutions mid-round are not allowed
Host Team:
As an annual event, each side will alternate taking the status of Host Team.  Odd years (2013, 2015, etc.) will be hosted by the Missouri team.  Even years (2014, 2016, etc.) will be hosted by the Kansas team. Host Team status means this:  Choice of course to be played for the two Sunday rounds;  a round of best shot doubles (8 matches) and a round of singles (16 matches).  As such 24 points of the event are competed on the Host Teams home course.  The “guest team” hosts the round of alternate shot doubles on a course of their choice on Saturday.
Captains Responsibilies:
Each team captain will be repsonsible for the formation of his/her team through qualifiers and/or hand picks. The captains will also determine matchups as follows:
Prior to each doubles round, the captains will hold a snake style draft. The “home” team captain has the option to put out the first pairing, or defer, in which case the other captain is obligated to put out the first pairing.  Prior to the singles round the same will happen, except the team with the points lead after the first two rounds will get the option to pick or defer.  If there is a tie in points after the first two rounds, the home team gets the option.
Pairings and matchups are unrestricted.  That is to say, it is not required to put players of the same class together  or against each other.  For example. A master may be paired with an unrestricted player and they may be matched against a women and a master.  It is up to the captain to decide how they want their players paired/matched up.
The Competition:
In this championship, there are 32 matches played. Each match is worth a total of 1 point.  1 point to the winning team and 0 to the losing team or a half point to each team if the match winds up even (a tie). Each round has a different sub-format, but all are matchplay scored. Essentially, each hole is a mini game with one point available.  The team that finsihes the hole in the least strokes wins the hole. It's all or nothing on each hole.  There is no carry over, this is not skins play. Once it becomes mathematically impossible for one to team overcome the other, based on remaining holes (points), the match is over.
The three sub-formats played are as follows:

• Alternate shot doubles: Start based on order on the card.  Each pairing decides who will drive on the odd holes and who will drive on the even holes.  After the drive, partners alternate shots until the hole is finished or conceded.   Rethrows/retees are done observing the alternating partners rule.
  • Best shot doubles: both players throw drives. Then they determine which of the two shots they want to play from and both throw from that lie. And so forth, until the hole is finished or conceded.
  • Singles: Each player competes 1vs1 playing each hole until it is finished or conceded.
Pairings will be sent off one card at a time from hole one at each round. Each doubles match will have its own card. 2 matches will be sent out on each singles card.
Remember, the defending champion needs only 16 points to retain the trophy. The challenger needs 16.5 points to win the trophy.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:24:28 PM by Tracy »

Loomis

« Reply #192 on: May 10, 2013, 10:05:43 AM »
So.... Who made the team?

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2013, 03:08:45 PM »
East side roster?

dickthediscparker