Author Topic: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge - June 1-2, 2013  (Read 19027 times)

Old Pike Mike

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Kansas City Team Challenge - June 1-2, 2013
« Reply #330 on: June 03, 2013, 09:01:39 AM »
Congrats to the west side on their victory by the narrowest of margins.  Given the clearly superior talent on the west side, East side must have really over performed or West under performed.  But, I am glad it was a very competitive match.  The west side intimidation tactics bringing in Nate and Val clearly were the difference in the match.   Loomis, I enjoyed our match and your sportsmanship.  I also think your on line rants are hilarious and have been excellent locker room fodder!   I Hope that  can get healthy and make it back and establish residency for next year's contest.    Sorry you were so anxious to get back on the computer last   night that you missed the party celebrating East side retaining their title as all time points leader.   21-11 still looks beautiful on the trophy and we have nothing to be ashamed of .. except that one putt that made the difference. Great fun this weekend!   Thanks Ryan and TW for taking on the captain roles! 

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2013, 09:12:19 AM »
Most fun weekend of Disc Golf in my 16 years playing!  Great competition everywhere on the course, and Match Play makes everything more interesting.  I miss team sports, so this really felt like being a part of something bigger, again.  Thanks to both Captains, and all my homies on the West Siieeede!! 

Can't wait for next year!! ;D
Joe Hesting

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 03, 2013, 09:15:47 AM »
Also,  I can't see how this won't propel all of us to KICK SOME ARSE in the KCWO!!!!!

Definitely felt more pressure this weekend than I ever have in Singles....beating McLeast and Wysucki should be a cake walk now :o
Joe Hesting

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
Most fun weekend of Disc Golf in my 16 years playing!  Great competition everywhere on the course, and Match Play makes everything more interesting.  I miss team sports, so this really felt like being a part of something bigger, again.  Thanks to both Captains, and all my homies on the West Siieeede!! 

Can't wait for next year!! ;D

That right there ^^^^^^^ is why this thing had to get off the ground!  Thanks for saying it, Joe. 

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2013, 09:54:09 AM »
This tournament is definitely one I will look forward too every year. It was ran great once again, and I like the two day version a lot better (sorry about letting you down the first day east side). Regardless that final putt was one of the best disc golf moments I've had even though I missed. Battling joe was awesome and the most fun I've had playing disc golf. Can't wait for the rubber match!
Matt perry

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2013, 09:59:29 AM »
Well played this weekend boys. I'm glad I was able to come out and see a few holes. I'm
hoping to make it back before the next go round-surely I'll be back in time. I know Tank is looking for a little vengeance...my roc will be waiting ;)

Congrats on the win West side. But don't get too comfy holding that trophy. It'll be in better hands within the year!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2013, 10:40:41 AM »
I suggested the same thing. That'd be a fun tournament
Matt perry

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2013, 11:37:47 AM »
It'll be in better hands within the year!

Not sure what you meant here, but this is an annual thing. It won't happen again 'til 2014.  The Fall timing last year was just to squeeze the event in and get it off the ground. I suppose we could have done it last Spring, but it would have been on super short notice.  I felt like we needed the summer to promote the event.   Anyway, first weekend in June seems like a great time to plan this annually.  What think you all?

Tank talked to us about an individual matchplay bracket format that takes place over 4 weeks at each matches convenience.  It sounds interesting. I'll get more information from Tank. But I think I get the gist of it. I may try to put one together for September-ish.

I thought we were doing it twice annually.  I guess I just didn't pay that close of attention.  I will most definitely be ready by then.  Thanks for the info Tracy.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 03, 2013, 12:48:58 PM »
Thank you Tracy for all your hard work and making this happen... and you too, other guy who was like Tracy but not.

That's all I am, the other guy.  I definitely made some mistakes in the first round matchups, but I'd say I did a darn good job on day two to get us re-motivated, and to make it a close race.  With that said, congrats to Tracy and the west side.

coops

« Reply #339 on: June 03, 2013, 01:04:24 PM »
Thank you Tracy for all your hard work and making this happen... and you too, other guy who was like Tracy but not.

That's all I am, the other guy.  I definitely made some mistakes in the first round matchups, but I'd say I did a darn good job on day two to get us re-motivated, and to make it a close race.  With that said, congrats to Tracy and the west side.

I wouldn't go so far as mistakes, Ryan. I just think it was aggressive strategy. At a certain point it comes down to the players have to play regardless of pairing or partners. That was what, I think, happened last year. I've looked over my matchups a couple times trying to find errors and have thought of some minor tweaks but I think the crux of the issue is that we had a bad day and the East had a good day. Sometimes the answer is as simple as that.

Tracy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 03, 2013, 03:03:50 PM »

Thank you, Ryan. 

None of us are totally used to the format yet. Thus we're still learning the drafting strategy as we go. But heck yeah, you had me squirming with your Sunday morning doubles pairings.  Getting back to tied after 2 rounds was important in more ways than one. Singles drafting seems a little easier. But having that first pick option is huge.

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 03, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »
Massacre averted.  Again.  Good work, West Side, you took full advantage of fortunes.

Now, can we get back to being a bunch of Kansas City disc golfers and leave this divisive crap behind?  At least for the next 10 months.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 03, 2013, 04:22:13 PM »

Now, can we get back to being a bunch of Kansas City disc golfers and leave this divisive crap behind?  At least for the next 10 months.

You can blame all them democrats living nearby for that.

:o 
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 03, 2013, 04:35:59 PM »

Ha! 

1.  This has nothing to do with disc golf or disc golfers.
2.  That statement is a fact.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 03, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »

Ha! 

1.  This has nothing to do with disc golf or disc golfers.
2.  That statement is a fact.

1. Exactly, thus we don't need this divisive crap on a disc golf message board.
2. This is actually not a fact, it is purely your hypothesis.

I'm just messing with you Jose. I thought about saying something after the first post, and didn't. Had to after seeing that line show up in your post today.  ;D
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994