KCFDC Courses > Shawnee Mission

Tourney

<< < (3/3)

Peter Bures:

--- Quote from: The Nailer on October 25, 2012, 05:00:24 PM ---Why not put in another 18 pin course altogether?

--- End quote ---

Lord knows the park is big enough. Big enough for 10 full courses, easily.

Like I said, we have good contacts in the Parks Department, hopefully something like that could be a possibility in the future.

Some people have thrown out the idea of using an area already near the course, and adding 9 holes. So that someone could still play the course as usual, or one could play an extended version of 27 holes if they wanted to.

coops:

--- Quote from: jack on October 25, 2012, 02:50:05 PM ---Possibly going with this map as an indication may be able to create that "smaller" location to have a course that is beginner friendly, and then groom the other course for more competitive play.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean using the current course as the 'competitive' course? It feels a lot like it is beginner friendly right now. (Though with some tweaking I think we could get it there).

andyportwood:

--- Quote from: Cooper on October 26, 2012, 09:26:13 AM ---
Do you mean using the current course as the 'competitive' course? It feels a lot like it is beginner friendly right now. (Though with some tweaking I think we could get it there).

--- End quote ---

I completely agree! I think the potential for this course is huge. Though, I think the majority of the park is a gold mine of disc golf potential.

jack:

--- Quote from: Cooper on October 26, 2012, 09:26:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: jack on October 25, 2012, 02:50:05 PM ---Possibly going with this map as an indication may be able to create that "smaller" location to have a course that is beginner friendly, and then groom the other course for more competitive play.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

you should.  You are a much higher player than the "newbie" the course that is out there if in it's "short" setting could be considered slightly beginner friendly, but not as much as say Swope Short, or Rosedale short.  We need to make it that type of short availability to make it part of the welcome wagon for disc golf.  Lord knows that is a very popular destination.  So I think that it can be made into a longer course for more competitive play and then create a smaller very newbie friendly (thinking about 4400'-5000') that would make new folks think the sport is simple, yet those that want to expand can look beyond locally within the park, or go to one of our other courses.

All of this though is putting the cart in front of the horse at this point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version