Author Topic: Grip Equipment presents The 31st Kansas City Wide Open-June 14-16 KCWideOpen.com  (Read 22219 times)

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
Alrighty yall. 23 days left til the Wide Open. Registration is ramping up. 42 NT players as of today. 36 in MA1 alone.

kcwideopen.com

or make the hyperspace jump directly to the registration page
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
why can I not picture 5 long?? I thought it had only one placement...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
why can I not picture 5 long?? I thought it had only one placement...

It's on the balcony of that house just to the right of 6 tee. You know, with the dogs that won't SHUT UP while you are trying to hit the left side gap in that tree.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
It's actually in the really tall weeds back and to the right of the current pin. I'm not sure, but I think it was cleaned out at one point. There's another fairway cleared that goes back there, but it doesn't get mowed. (most likely because the ground isn't very flat) I would love to see it opened up, I'm getting tired of putting for 2 and taking a 4 on the left pin.

Lander

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
What course are currently set for The Wide Open right now?  or when will everything be permanently set for the tournament?
fLander

PDGA

rich9000

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Intermediates only play on the 15 correct?

Would I need to be there to check in on thursday?

And lets say I won something and couldn't attend the prize ceremony on sunday could I still pick up and use the voucher at another point in time?

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
I may have skimmed over it but what does the players pack for the int/rec players look like? Buddy wants to know.
Matt perry

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
They will probably get 2 discs, a shirt, a mini, and entry to the BBQ, party on Saturday.  Ams will get 3 discs, umbrella, shirt, mini, entry to BBQ, and possibly a voucher to the vendors for an additional disc, looking at the entries before that will be decided.  Pros will get a shirt and a mini, and the BBQ.  The minis are small secret at this point, but most people should think that they are pretty darn cool.  Women will get a special gift as well from renowned disc golfer and wonderful lady extraordinaire the Flying Palmer!  That is a super uber secret though, as well the women will get slightly different shirts than the men, you know a women's shirt.... ;D

Int/Rec do only play on the 15th that is correct. 
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

znicko

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
So where do intermediates sign in an pick up players pack if the can't be there Thursday?

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Sunday at Swope
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

rich9000

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Sunday at Swope
Sunday the 29th?

Can we sign in if we can't make it thursday because we live far away? For the same reason if we can't make it sunday is there another option for getting the players pack and possible prize? I probably don't have to worry about the prize but the players pack I would like.  I live too close to get a hotel, but too far to want to drive down 2 extra times.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:11:08 AM by rich9000 »

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Sunday the 29th?

Lets go with Sunday the 16th....
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Sunday at Swope
Sunday the 29th?

Can we sign in if we can't make it thursday because we live far away? For the same reason if we can't make it sunday is there another option for getting the players pack and possible prize? I probably don't have to worry about the prize but the players pack I would like.  I live too close to get a hotel, but too far to want to drive down 2 extra times.

Rich, the notion of the one day event is so that people can enjoy a day watching the pros at the final 9.  Registration and check in is slated for Thursday.  If you absolutely can't get your players pack on Sunday at Swope, then one can be mailed to you provided you cover shipping.  I find it hard to imagine that you would come to the event on Saturday Morning, play 2 rounds, then go to the BBQ party, and leave and miss out on the National Tour component of the Final 9 much less at least the morning round, where you could get these items.  This is the main reason we went with the one day 2-round format so that you could enjoy watching the top level pros play.

Suffice it to say though, that is not my choice, that is your choice.  However I am not at this point having additional staff made available to have the check-in materials available daily throughout the entire courses.  I may though based on your comments have a small sampling available Saturday at the BBQ to accommodate.  I will discuss it with the folks that have already volunteered to see if they can handle the extra work load.  You may not be the only person that is thinking like this, so I appreciate the notion.  However if timing doesn't allow it to happen, please understand that some type of concession will be in order to ship it to you if that is the outcome.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Loomis

Rich,
Who do you know in town? Just have them pick it up for you and hold on to it, thus avoiding any complications. It shouldn't be a problem for someone to put your player's pack aside until you get to town. I'm sure you can ask someone nicely to hold it for you. Just not Jack. He'll be drunk, standing on a pedestal below a flashing neon sign that says, "I did this."

If you can't find someone, let me know.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
That would work as well.  I hadn't thought of that angle, but yeah it does work well to have someone else say you will be here, and you are picking it up for them.

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"