Author Topic: Grip Equipment presents The 31st Kansas City Wide Open-June 14-16 KCWideOpen.com  (Read 16404 times)

coops

Rich,
Who do you know in town? Just have them pick it up for you and hold on to it, thus avoiding any complications. It shouldn't be a problem for someone to put your player's pack aside until you get to town. I'm sure you can ask someone nicely to hold it for you. Just not Jack. He'll be drunk, standing on a pedestal below a flashing neon sign that says, "I did this."

If you can't find someone, let me know.

LOLZ

Quite a poet, Loomis!

znicko

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Will you have to have a meal ticket for the bbq meal Saturday night. An who do we go ask for our players packs at swipe on Sunday.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
You will need to have a meal ticket yes, this is why you need to pick up the players packet in advance, typically on Thursday. 

Based on your comments though more work, you bring up some good points.  I may alter the situation and have the players check in to get information at the BBQ on Saturday night now for those that missed getting the check in on Thursday.  Sounds like this is how it will be needing to happen.  Thanks for posting on this topic.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
I will figure out a way to have the C-Tier players items at the course on Saturday morning.  I hadn't thought that through as this is the first time that I have done the event with different days, I hadn't thought about that angle of it.  Again thanks for bringing it to my attention and I will work on a scenario so that everything is set up for ease of checking in on Saturday prior to the event starting.  You will of course though want to be there early to ensure that everything is running smooth if you hadn't checked in earlier.

Thanks again for pointing this out to me.  I am sure that we can make this all work!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Here's an FYI update as far as staying at the Host Hotel goes......

I just reserved a room there for a "Last minute deal" rate of $61.00 a night.  That's even discounted from what Jack posted originally.  If ya' don't have a place, or just want your own room, that's actually a pretty darn giggity deal!  8)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
How did you get that rate?  I will get them to honor it for others as well.  I mean I just booked my room there as well.  Did you let them know you were a disc golfer?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
What is the deal with me and the hotels?  Geesh....  But thanks for staying at the host hotel.  I am going to be setting up a course there as well to entertain us during the off hours on Thursday and Friday.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Not a problem, and sweet!   8)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Is there a map yet of Swope gold layout for 2013?

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I finally read your comments Jack.  Actually, all I did was follow the links from the site until it came to the booking.  I selected my dates, and it set me up with a "Last minute deal".  I was a little surprised myself actually.  8)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Is there a map yet of Swope gold layout for 2013?
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
yes there is.

I am working on the program today, and it should be set for review tonight or tomorrow.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

gochiefs25

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Are you going to post the map on the forum when it is completed?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
SHould have the program done in the morning, the Maps for all the courses should be available sometime tomorrow.  I will post a link accordingly.  Thanks for patience.  Work in Progress takes time!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
coming soon.....a program near your computer screen in the event you can't wait to get your hands on a hard copy, and need that soft copy to calm your nerves........
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"