Author Topic: Grip Equipment presents The 31st Kansas City Wide Open-June 14-16 KCWideOpen.com  (Read 21448 times)

gleauzzzinier

• Am Poster
  • please stop talking while people are throwing
    • View Profile
Remember when the Red Bull girl was standing ON Emac's disc offering him wings! Some Rosie tourney a while back.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 07:56:51 PM by gleauzzzinier »

Loomis

I am just going to go ahead and say it... 8 am? Really? Heads up that rush hour is a b%tch.

outotown

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
I am just going to go ahead and say it... 8 am? Really? Heads up that rush hour is a b%tch.

Ya but we are talking about the Masters and Grandmasters, right?  Up to read the morning paper by 4:30 A.M. grab a glass of Metamucil and you are on the road. No worries.   :) 8)

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Open tees at 9 as well. Although I'm sure that most of them will be planning on being at their course welllll before tee time.

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Remember when the Red Bull girl was standing ON Emac's disc offering him wings! Some Rosie tourney a while back.

I was on his card when that happened.  They would not get out of our way!

coops

Just made contact with Red Bull, they will be out to follow the National Tour and offer free red bulls to players...

What?  No.  I don't want RedBull at this event.....if they want to come out they need to coordinate it.  They should be at the players BBQ if they want to be anywhere.  THey walk around are distracting, and in all honesty I have a sponsor already of Arnold Palmer Tea for the BBQ and they need to go through channels the proper way....ARGH......

And you wonder why few (brave) souls want to help out.

I don't drink the stuff but I think that Tank showing the initiative it great! Everyone else can have my share and all the jitters that go with it!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile

I was on his card when that happened.  They would not get out of our way!
They are not aware of the scenario and have as indicated by others been a distraction.  That is the reasoning.  Keizer things need to be done in a way that makes sense for all the sponsors.  Legitimizing disc golf by having Red Bull girls show up isn't something that I think of when I see things on TV.  When was the last time you saw a Red Bull Girl walk in the middle of the fairway in Augusta?

As for the 8:00 am start, it sucks, I get it as well, but it is Blue Valley.  League rounds took about 3 hours last night, so tourney rounds are 4 hours plus.  I was cussing Des Moines with their 8:00am start, only to think to myself, yeah I did that as well.  It is what it is.

And now we are very close to having the event here.  All I can say is THANK YOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HELPED OUT!  It takes an entire community to make this event work, and many of you are putting the feet to grass, some more than others, don't get me wrong, but overall I want to thank all of you that are taking time away from your life to make this work for everyone!!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
 By the way, I didn't contact any "Heads to be" w red bull, I simply bent a couple red bull chicks ears about it while they were walking around Rosedale yesterday...

Sorry and sh!t, This is what happens when TanK makes an Executive decision.... I'll just stick to playing golf and missing putts...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Hey Keizer! Pass the popcorn.
Steven Disc Glover

coops

Swope looks great! Thanks to Dan Cashen (right?) and the random P&R guy on a mower that said he volunteered his time to help put in those steps. The course is immaculate and great fun to play.

A fair warning: get out there and play it and don't trust the caddy book. It would seem that there are a lot of differences in hole lengths and descriptions. The set up is still cool but don't think you can imagine your way around it and figure out what it'll be, because it isn't that.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
distances may be off, but the book is spot on otherwise, only OB isn't marked accordingly, and there will be updates on that available for the players during the round.  The distances were best guessed with a range finder prior to them being in place, and in order to get the book done and look alright, well they are off in a few instances, only a few.

OBs will be done tonight.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

coops

Two best examples are hole 1 says it is 525 and the tee sign says 390.

Hole 2 also looks like it is in the long position on the map and says 380 ft but it is actually in the short right position.

Hole 16 on the map says it is 400 feet but says 630 in the hole description section, which I believe to be more correct.

There may be other things that should have addenda but these are the most glaring that I see.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Distances on the map were added, so in complete agreement on that.  Just a few distance errors, other than the hole #2 location, the other thing on #2 is that I don't think that I am going to be able to get the straw bales that I am looking for in time.  I haven't given up yet on that though....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

coops

Cool.

All I know is that I'm trying to convince my group that hole 2 is actually 380 and is just visually deceptive.  8)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
good luck on that, but I did get a good chuckle thinking about it....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"