Author Topic: Grip Equipment presents The 31st Kansas City Wide Open-June 14-16 KCWideOpen.com  (Read 22175 times)

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Boo  :(

Why do you prefer tee times? Just curious is all.

Feels like a "REAL" event....

Ya know how I know this is a "REAL" event? Because it hasn't even begun yet and people are already b%tching. ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Diersen

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Check in is only from 12-4 today?

coops

Do we have to check in? I might be able to get over there in time but Thursday is a hard day to guess when I'll be off work.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile

Ya know how I know this is a "REAL" event? Because it hasn't even begun yet and people are already b%tching. ;D

you know what an "event" is? WEEEIIIIRD!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Diersen

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Same here. Makes it hard for us working folks. Someone mentioned that there is possibly a late check-in tonight at the host hotel? Can someone confirm this?

kcfrisbee

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
confirmed.  you can check in at the host hotel before the players meeting.

kselrod

LOL, I have a buddy that says he has never heard more b%tching and whining in his life until he is around disc golfers at a tournament... ;D

And as a TD that's the thanks we get.  When people b%tch about my tournaments I just tell them to step up and be in charge next year and run the tournament.  Usually shuts them up pretty quick!  I know some of you are not b%tching but just inquiring and there is a difference, believe me.  So no need to jump down my throat about this post.  ;)

As a TD we all know what that stands for....Thankless Deed

I had plenty of people come up to me last year after the PITT Open and thank me and just one thank you makes it all worth it for me.  That's why we are trying to raise the bar and make it a 2-day 2-course event this year.  Hope you can make it as registration is now live!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:16:12 AM by kselrod »

coops

LOL, I have a buddy that says he has never heard more b%tching and whining in his life until he is around disc golfers at a tournament... ;D

And as a TD that's the thanks we get.  When people b%tch about my tournaments I just tell them to step up and be in charge next year and run the tournament.  Usually shuts them up pretty quick!  I know some of you are not b%tching but just inquiring and there is a difference, believe me.  So no need to jump down my throat about this post.  ;)

I had plenty of people come up to me last year after the PITT Open and thank me and just one thank you makes it all worth it for me.  That's why we are trying to raise the bar and make it a 2-day 2-course event this year.  Hope you can make it as registration is now live!

People need to develop thicker skin and stop viewing criticism as b^&*(*&%^. If you want to find a way to take offense because people disagree with the way you've chosen to run something, that is your own problem.

And... it seems to me that feedback from players is a great way to run even better events in the future.

kselrod

People need to develop thicker skin and stop viewing criticism as b^&*(*&%^. If you want to find a way to take offense because people disagree with the way you've chosen to run something, that is your own problem.

And... it seems to me that feedback from players is a great way to run even better events in the future.

I guess this is directed towards me so I guess I'll respond that people also need to develop a sense of humor and some personality.  I don't and will not have a problem with people giving me criticism about anything.   In fact at the end of our tournament I asked for it and some people did give me their negative and positive opinions.  Things like that always makes your events better as the years go on.  In fact I remember one negative opinion that I'm going to make sure I address to not be an issue for this years tourney.  But if they go on and on about something and make the event sound not worth attending to other players then I call it b%tching!  I'm not saying any comments on here are directed in that fashion at all but there are those out there that take it to far about some things.

So I guess I can put you down as a NO for attending the PITT Open?   ;D

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
KCFDC.org/forum = Serious Business.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

gochiefs25

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
KCFDC.org/forum = Serious Business.

No kidding. Sounds like alot of people need to just get out and play a round. Let some steam off.
Since this IS a topic for the wide open, anyone know the status of the hay bails at swope?

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Hay is installed and the course is completely marked for OB.

coops

Is the hay an island or obstructive?

KCVinnie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Nice start to the tournament.

Sarah Hokom and CJ did a great job running a juniors clinic for all 4 attendees today.  They were both very patient and helpful with the kids.

By the way, I thought Swope looked awesome today, can't wait to get out there! 
Vince
"Driving for show, putting for dough."
2014 Bag Tags: 185 to 8 to 202

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Is the hay an island or obstructive?

Both. Now complain about it.  ;) I mean that there is marked OB perpendicular to the hay bails, and they are stacked two high, and there is OB behind the basket about 45 feet out. You don't want to be short of the hay bails. However, there is a long landing strip, in bounds, on the left side of two's fairway. Just don't get into three's fairway as it is OB, too.

Swope looks better than I have seen it in three years. Too bad the park has lost so many trees to disease. It should be a premier course, IMO> The course is amazing as it is set now. Oh yeah, and new stairs thanks to KCMO P&R and Dan Cashen and crew.

I haven't seen the other courses yet, but have talked to many people who have donated time and energy to their beautification. Great showing of the KC community. Can't wait to see them this weekend.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:47:44 PM by ekolk »