Author Topic: Grip Equipment presents The 31st Kansas City Wide Open-June 14-16 KCWideOpen.com  (Read 16752 times)

Loomis

Once again.... perhaps some people need lessons in weather and tournament management. Don't wait until the last second to call a round due to bad weather.

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
When the decision is made as to what the Advanced Men group is going to do tomorrow morning could you please post it here?  As I understand it, as of right now we are teeing off to finish our round at 7:30, then moving to Waterworks.  I guess we'll see if they can get that power line fixed by tomorrow morning.

On another note, I saw Nikko took a 3 on 9 at Blue Valley.  I didn't think that was possible in the current pin setting.  Did he take the normal route and just throw a bomb anny drive over all the trees?

Lander

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
 Players party and BBQ still on at Swope Pavilion. That is what facebook KCFDC is saying. I heard rumors of it being somewhere else, just wanted to clear that up.
fLander

PDGA

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Once again.... perhaps some people need lessons in weather and tournament management. Don't wait until the last second to call a round due to bad weather.

Maybe you can run the Wide Open next year since Jack is stepping down?
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

coops

Maybe you can run the Wide Open next year since Jack is stepping down?

Loomis runs great events! But likely he won't be in the area.

coops

What is up with the morning round? We still on target to start at 9:30? (For Open)

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Nikko Eagled hole 9 at Blue Valley.  3 on a Par 5, 946 feet.  You have got to be kidding me.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

The Nailerô

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."
"I sure hope The Nailerô doesn't find it..."

NOSOLOGLOWYO

coops

Nikko Eagled hole 9 at Blue Valley.  3 on a Par 5, 946 feet.  You have got to be kidding me.

Took the cheater route. Gonna have to do something to stop that from happening in the future as it really screws with 11.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile

Took the cheater route. Gonna have to do something to stop that from happening in the future as it really screws with 11.

after this weekend, the mando will be moved and it WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!! I already let McBeth and Uli know how I feel about them doing that!

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Please describe this...  driving around the mando to 11's green, then up to the basket on 9?

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
or landing in 11's fairway... than having to throw over the heads of players playing hole 11....

coops

after this weekend, the mando will be moved and it WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!! I already let McBeth and Uli know how I feel about them doing that!

It is totally fine for a player to take a route that is available to them. I had heard about it and might have done it but, having never thrown it before, didn't think an NT was the place to start.

Loomis

What they can do shouldn't be punished just because others can't. I applaud their efforts and courage

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
What they can do shouldn't be punished just because others can't. I applaud their efforts and courage

This. Pretty unfair to call it a cheater route if the mando was satisified. Sounds more like he took the innovator route. Bonus points if it pissed anyone off! ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555