Author Topic: Reservoir  (Read 768 times)

coops

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 02:13:51 AM »
That is a bit disheartening that the course isn't even mentioned in a passing. Doesn't sound like much is on the immediate (less than 5 years) horizon, though.

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »
I've personally never met Ken Dicus, but Adam Schieber is well aware of the assistance the disc golf course and disc golfers have brought to cleaning up that park.  He is a good person to have on our side and I'm sure he included us in his discussion with the reporter.  It is disappointing that the reporter chose not to include us in his article.  Several groups have been talking about using that reservoir and park space to the west for many years and nothing has happened yet.  I've heard many different ideas of what COULD be done with both, although a restaurant is a new one for me.  I wouldn't hold your breath to lose that part of the course just yet.  If/when they do take it, they will direct us to take other parts of the park for our use.  Rest assured the neighborhood and parks dept like having us there.
Drew D Neitzel

coops

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »
We should put a hole in there! Put the basket up on one of those tower thingys and get some sort of mogul built going most of the way up. Could be an interesting island hole. ;D

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 11:10:24 AM »
A restaurant? That's a new one on me...
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 09:08:06 AM »
Kent is also a proponent of disc golf.  As I indicated at the meeting on Saturday, anything that comes in there we can work around, and would love to continue to see positive improvements to the park.

Would love to see more involvement to develop this.  ON top of what Adam and Kent discussed in here, one item that I think could work would be to raise the reservoir, keeping the wrought iron, and making it a 2 part structure, the South end could be "kids" soccer fields, and the north end an amphitheater. food for thought.  Use the earth from raising the reservoir and recycle the iron to keep that look.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"