Author Topic: Ice Bowl 2013  (Read 7966 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Ice Bowl 2013
« on: November 02, 2012, 10:19:08 AM »
Ok.

I will start the donations.  I am going to buy 1 PDGA membership for someone at the Ice Bowl.  I am uncertain how I will make this determination (no I won't buy it for myself, but I like your thinking).

I am undecided if I am going to buy it for a NON-PDGA person (meaning they have never been a member), or a renewing member.  My thought was initially that I would buy a membership for the person that brought the most people to the Ice Bowl, regardless, and I may do that.  I may also look at a method to the person that most epitomizes the Ice Bowl, and works the hardest towards it's success (Rick and BoD, and usual suspects don't count, I hope and am inspired by all of you already, and how could I make that determination).

Suffice it to say, I will look a method prior to the event, but wanted to get people thinking about the Ice Bowl as we are about 12 weeks away from having that wonderful weekend upon us again.

Hopefully a new Chili Contest winner (though I hope he returns to feed us) and other items, but I would encourage us all to be thinking about the Ice Bowl and what we can do to make it better this year again!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 11:35:05 PM by Utz »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

mpetrin

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Bowl 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »
I might still be learning the disc golf world, but I got the chili part down look out I'm after that title. How many pots of chili can we bring. Think I might just have to make my white potato chili
Don't bug me, I'm trying to putt

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:42:45 PM »
LOVE IT!

Bring as many as it takes.  We have a contest, but most importantly we work towards feeding the 400 people playing!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »
Ok.

I will start the donations.  I am going to buy 1 PDGA membership for someone at the Ice Bowl.  I am uncertain how I will make this determination (no I won't buy it for myself, but I like your thinking).

I am undecided if I am going to buy it for a NON-PDGA person (meaning they have never been a member), or a renewing member.  My thought was initially that I would buy a membership for the person that brought the most people to the Ice Bowl, regardless, and I may do that.  I may also look at a method to the person that most epitomizes the Ice Bowl, and works the hardest towards it's success (Rick and BoD, and usual suspects don't count, I hope and am inspired by all of you already, and how could I make that determination).

Suffice it to say, I will look a method prior to the event, but wanted to get people thinking about the Ice Bowl as we are about 12 weeks away from having that wonderful weekend upon us again.

Hopefully a new Chili Contest winner (though I hope he returns to feed us) and other items, but I would encourage us all to be thinking about the Ice Bowl and what we can do to make it better this year again!
I know it was slightly shot down previously but will mention it again. We COULD shorten up the course via Ace Race style and have a tournament within a tournament where we also award the most points via metal and aces. Yes you still play out the entire hole for total score. Thus raising more money by offering another entry for the Ace Race portion of the tournament. Plus still offer mulligans for first round only.
Rick mentioned last year of offering another entry fee for those not accepting their first round score on Saturday to replay their first round on Sunday. Thus raising even more funds which is the real objective. Thus EVERYBODY wins!!
Steven Disc Glover

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 10:51:01 AM »
Not sure what anyone thinks if not commenting!!
Steven Disc Glover

BenC

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 08:56:44 AM »
The Ice Bowl will be January 26-27 at Rosedale park.  Once again we will be splitting the donation between Bishop Sullivan Center and Harvesters.

Most everything will be as it was last year.  One of the things that slowed us down last year was CTP, we have kicked around is not having a CTP for all donated items.  One option is to have a CTP for one thing.  Then have a silent auction for some stuff and a raffle or something else for other stuff.  Another option is to not have a CTP at all, just do the silent auction and raffle.  We would like some feed back on this, please.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 12:30:26 PM »
Silent AUCTIONs!!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 01:03:20 PM »
Love the silent auction idea!
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

Disciple

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 01:03:52 PM »
I like the ball golf CTP where there is a marker stake at the hole of choice and then if someone gets closer they move the marker stake and signs their name. It works with the regular flow of play and doesn't take additional time
Student of the Disc
JHARV 171

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
I know it's time consuming, takes volunteer effort to run, and probably would raise less $$$ than a silent auction, but the Ice Bowl CTP has always been a lot of FUN!

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 04:04:02 PM »
Ice Bowl Mini Golf!
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 06:58:11 PM »
loved the CTP! Donated a bunch of $5 trying to win.
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

RockChalkDiscHawk

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 09:32:24 AM »
Do we have dates yet for the ICE BOWL?
KCFDC #1329

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »
Do we have dates yet for the ICE BOWL?

It is always on the Sunday before the Super Bowl and this year is no exception. This year it will be on Sunday the 27th.  Saturday the 26th will be for getting the first round in to avoid the crowd on Sunday.

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 04:01:23 PM »
Ice Bowl Mini Golf!

Aren't you tired of losing that yet?  ;) ;)
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...