Author Topic: Ice Bowl 2013  (Read 7904 times)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Bowl 2013
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 04:11:10 PM »
Yes. But that will not stop me from trying.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

rhonda

• Administrator
  • Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 09:52:49 AM »

All the details and registration forms for the 2013 Ice Bowl are posted here:
http://kcfdc.org/ai1ec_event/ice-bowl-2013/?instance_id=23912

Facebook Event here: http://www.facebook.com/events/175891415887324/

Volunteers are needed to help the weekend of the event. If you are interested in helping out- even if itís just a few hours, please contact Ben Crosby. Phone: 785-393-1555 Email: icebowl@kcfdc.org

Donations: We encourage the KC disc golf community to download and print the Pledge Sheet and ask your friends and family to help out by pledging money for each hole you play at Ice Bowl.

Pledge Sheet: http://kcfdc.org/docs/kcib13pledgesheet.pdf

Registration form: http://kcfdc.org/docs/kcib13regform.pdf

We'll also be continuing the tradition of the pot luck lunch and chili contest. Contact me if you plan to bring chili.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out there- always a fun time and for a good cause.
- Rhonda

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »
Rhonda, I am planning on bringing my wife's famous chili. Not sure if I can get her to visit again, but I will bring her special veggie chili.
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

rhonda

• Administrator
  • Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 09:24:42 AM »
Rhonda, I am planning on bringing my wife's famous chili. Not sure if I can get her to visit again, but I will bring her special veggie chili.

Awesome- thanks! I'll add you to the list. We'd like all chili to be brought out to Rosie by 10 am on Sunday if you can. This will allow time to have the judging done and still be able to eat by noon.

Jack I got your message about bringing your chili too.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »
My message is that I better win this dang thing....I don't even remember the year that I won it's been so long.  If only I would write down what I make, I may be able to replicate it exactly.  That's what sux about being creative in the kitchen, sometimes you can't repeat the dish......I have a couple of tastings in my mind that I am not sure how I made, but were great......So suffice it to say, not only will I bring the winning chili this year, but I am giving away that PDGA membership as well, and working on bringing in at least 5 new people to the event and the sport.

Let's break 500 people this year.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

mpetrin

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 11:07:15 AM »
jack, jack, jack
you do incredible things with the courses and with the club, but I will be winning this year and I will put a wager on this. Rhonda you can sign me up as well
Don't bug me, I'm trying to putt

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 02:31:26 PM »
jack, jack, jack
you do incredible things with the courses and with the club, but I will be winning this year and I will put a wager on this. Rhonda you can sign me up as well

Gauntlet thrown!  :o
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »
jack, jack, jack

Gauntlet thrown!  :o

That's a meat cleaver son, stay out of the kitchen if you don't know the appliance!
 ;D ;)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

sportwood

• Am Poster
  • Chris Portwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
Thats what she said...
Thanks,
Chris Portwood
Technology Team
PDGA# 55595

mpetrin

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 05:29:39 PM »
As a matter of fact due to this being a great cause, I challenge everybody on this forum, sign up for the chili contest and if you beat me I will caddy for you. So get up off that dang couch n get in the kitchen and bring it.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 09:49:47 AM »
I will be there with a couple of different kinds. I won't win though, I never do. but that's not the point....   8) 
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

BenC

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »
As a matter of fact due to this being a great cause, I challenge everybody on this forum, sign up for the chili contest and if you beat me I will caddy for you. So get up off that dang couch n get in the kitchen and bring it.
and when or what event will you be doing this.  You will be busy all that weekend.  I still want you to bring chili though.  Will that offer stand for everyone that beats you?  You better have awesome chili or next year all you will be doing is carrying bags.

mpetrin

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 03:57:32 PM »
and when or what event will you be doing this.  You will be busy all that weekend.  I still want you to bring chili though.  Will that offer stand for everyone that beats you?  You better have awesome chili or next year all you will be doing is carrying bags.
my plans are full that weekend as I am helping out. as far as carrying bags well if I'm not doing an event or have plans and you beat me in the chili contest than yes I will be happy to carry ur bag for a casual round, a league night, or an event that I am not in. and you have to be the one to cook it, not your spouse or parents , grandparents, or hyvee

Pauly

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2012, 09:32:28 PM »
Pauly's Chili will be  in the mix at the upcoming Ice Bowl 8)

BenC

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 10:10:53 AM »
Ice bowl registration is open at Disc Golf World.  If you want to play one of the rounds on Saturday pre-registration is advised.  There is a maximum of sixsomes per card for the full rounds on Saturday and early Sunday.
We did run out of space on Saturday (only 216 slots) and had to tell people to play their round Sunday.
Links to registration forms and pledge sheets are here:

Pledge Sheet
http://kcfdc.org/docs/kcib13pledgesheet.pdf

Registration
http://kcfdc.org/docs/kcib13regform.pdf