Author Topic: Ice Bowl 2013  (Read 8023 times)

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Bowl 2013
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2013, 05:34:07 PM »
I have people asking me if they can register Sunday morning.  I'm guessing so??
Calm down, this is just for fun.

rhonda

• Administrator
  • Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2013, 07:55:06 PM »
I have people asking me if they can register Sunday morning.  I'm guessing so??

Yes, 7:45am - 10:00am Registration

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2013, 08:08:54 PM »
I'll let them know. Thanks Rhonda.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2013, 08:19:42 PM »
Another great day to be a KC disc golfer!  Thanks for all the amazing effort by everyone involved, not limited to Ben and Rhonda, Mary Walters, Mike Petrin, the Portwood brothers (ctp kings!), TallGrass!!!, Chili Cookers, Dick P's Mini Golf, ctp donater's, KCFDC, and the rest that I can't remember at the moment.  I had an

EXCELLENT DAY

Pictures coming soon.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:30:15 PM by dan howard »

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2013, 08:29:56 PM »
CTP was Chris Portwood and myself. I was killing it with that measuring tape ;D It was a great success and we had a lot of fun running it for everyone. Thanks to everyone who came out to make this years Ice Bowl one of the biggest and best once again!!!
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2013, 11:41:18 PM »
Fixed that Andy, I know it's a pain but the ctp is BIG FUN, thanks for taking care of it ALL weekend!!  Here's the slideshow version of the pics, thumbs here.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2013, 09:11:43 AM »
Thanks for all the pics Dan. Great slide show to reminisce on a great day yesterday. What a blast. Thanks to everyone that had a hand in making it great Ice Bowl!!

KC Disc Golf ROCS!!   8)

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2013, 10:08:13 AM »
First off, I would like to thank our entire community for coming out to help show support of our cause for the hungry in KC.  It says a lot about our community of disc golfers to bring new people out to meet some steady influences, and it is a good time to see some that can't give as much of their time still make it out to this annual winter fun.

That being said, conrgats to true champion Eric McCabe.  Eric won the championship over myself in a 3 hole playoff yesterday, and couldn't have been a better competitor in the fashion.  He wanted to have both of our names put on the award, but alas, only one winner--(though true ice bowl fashion I think that there are many winners!) can have the name engraved on that trophy!

Suffice it say E-Mac was hot on the final 9 shooting 7 birdies to finish and force the playoff, and when it's the top level world champion like him versus me....well......I think that Eric Kolkmeier said it best afterwards.  "We would have loved for you to win, but I am not certain that any of us could have handled you for the rest of the year!"   ;D ;D ;D

I think that the chili registrants were down from 26 last year to 23 this year.  I am unsure of who won (it wasn't me or any of the other smack talkers in here!!) but I want to thank everyone who took time out of their lives to make some chili and bring it to send some love to the disc golf course.  The folks that donate their chili have a love that goes deep in all of us.  Cooking is a strong form of love and by bringing it out to the park on a cold winter day for all to enjoy, they are letting you know that they love each of you (yes even those that we may not like online, or in person for extended periods!  8) :o ) and appreciate your bothering to come out and play!

I am sure that there will be many a follow up to the event from the long list of people that helped, to the list of players, and most importantly to the charities that benefit from it.  I want to just say that I am thankful that each of you that made it out there this weekend helped to solidify yet again that we are a great disc golf community, we have great people surrounding us, and we have people that are now working hard towards ensuring our success for disc golf community remains strong in the years to come.

Thanks so much for allowing the fun of playing in another great Kansas City Tradition.  Now if you weren't there, it's not too late to go purchase a players pack from Disc Golf World, and fake it as though you were to continue to help out the charities!!!!   ;D 8) :-*
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

BenC

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2013, 10:18:43 AM »
Thank you everyone that came out and made it a fantastic and exhausting weekend.  I do want to send out special thanks to everyone that gave up their time to help run things.  If you had a good time thank these people.

Mike Petrin
Mary Walters
Andrew Walters
Van Spratford
John Park
Chris Portwood
Andy Portwood
Jeff Kelly
Kelly Warren
Lisa Soto
Suzie Zell
Rhonda Crosby
Kristie Svjeda
Amanda Jackson
Caleb Walker

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2013, 06:47:59 PM »
Not sure if there is some ongoing notes for IB 2014, we may want to ask 75th Street Brewery, or ManKind brewery for beer donations.  While I don't personally know Micah Weichert of ManKind, what I do know of him and comments I've heard from people that know him personally, donating beer for charity would seem to be right up his alley.

http://www.facebook.com/mankindbrewing

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:18:34 PM by robm »
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:16 PM »
And I want to throw out a BIG thank you to Ben Crosby for taking on the Ice Bowl TD spot for 2013.  Ben, I know it was a lot of work for you, and I say...WELL DONE!  Cant want for next year!

Van
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

DZA

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2013, 08:37:42 PM »
Agreed with everything being said here. This was my first IB and I had a blast! Big thanks to everyone that contributed.
PDGA #55470

Soup

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Check out my Youtube channel for disc golf vids
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2013, 11:01:10 PM »
We got the run down on the scores yet?

BenC

« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2013, 08:25:54 AM »
Numbers are being crunched now.  We will have scores, number of players, and donations as soon as it is all finalized.  Ice Bowl is not a typical event where when its done on Sunday it is over.  There were a lot of numbers flying around Sunday night but none of them are official and I don't want to give out wrong info.  Please be patient and everything will be posted soon.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2013, 09:07:46 AM »
We got the run down on the scores yet?
E-Mac=65 (Won Championship after 3 hole sudden death playoff)
J Lowe=65 (Lost championship see above comment)
Other people played.....

I think that is all that anyone needs to know right?
 ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"