Author Topic: On The Air on 101 The Fox  (Read 839 times)

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
On The Air on 101 The Fox
« on: November 02, 2012, 06:11:22 PM »
I happened to call Slacker about 5:20 AM and was the 11th caller without knowing they were looking to give away passes for a screening to a movie plus the chances to win a car and a trip to see the  Rolling Stones. When asked who I was on air I said Steve Disc Golf Glover. Got my plug in for the sport.
Steven Disc Glover

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
Re: On The Air on 101 The Fox
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
...without knowing they were looking to give away passes...

Do you just randomly call radio stations Glover? We're all DYING to know, what is the screening you get to see?

If you get to see the stones, that will be cool. Except they're not who they used to be. Literally though, I think once you get 10+ blood transfusions you become a completely different person. You'll definitely have to report back to us.

You're a superstar now Glove...
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 06:58:06 PM »
I called to ask about previous disc jockeys no longer there. Got told I was the 11th caller for the prizes. Then mentioned Crazy John because he and Crazy are acquaintances. Then we swapped stories about Crazy. Plus he knows I am acquainted with a few musicians.
I am going to the screening of Lincoln. I have 2 passes good for 2 people per pass.
I'm actually more excited about possibly winning the car than the trip to see the Stones. Although I won't turn down the trip. I've never flown in a plane and hate heights.
This was pale in comparison to when I was interviewed by Fox 4 during an Ice Bowl event where I really put a big plug in about the club and the benefit the tournament is to the community. They played the interview about 4 times and was messed with by fellow employees and got calls from distant family members.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 07:02:46 PM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 08:21:38 PM »
I just had like 4 people come up and be like "Dude, that guy who was interviewed at Ice Bowl just won movie tickets off 101 The Fox!!!" and I was like "I know! That's sick!"
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 11:15:37 AM »
I just had like 4 people come up and be like "Dude, that guy who was interviewed at Ice Bowl just won movie tickets off 101 The Fox!!!" and I was like "I know! That's sick!"

;D  ;D  ;D

I know someone famous!!  Steve "Disc Golf" Glover! 

Lincoln should be pretty damned good. Daniel Day Lewis can become different people like that....
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »
Famous for what though??  ;D Insert attacks here....
Steven Disc Glover

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 03:40:13 PM »

Perhaps infamous would be more appropriate....  ::)
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »
As you can see by the ratings the critics are giving. The movie was great.
On another note not even remotely related. Imagine that!! I had 11 row tickets for the Thursday night KU and Tennessee Chattanooga game that my girlfriend got. At halftime the K.C Disc Dogs performed. Amongst them were Towser, Jeff and Jackie Scheetz. KU squeezed that one out of their a$$.
Steven Disc Glover

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 11:31:50 AM »

Don G. - the vast majority of your posts beg for friendly ridicule, which is actually what you are famous for. Your old school , self-imposed typewriter-style(hitting return after most sentences) is truly unique, and thus famous (on the kcfdc forum). You spoil all the fun when you beg for written abuse. Please refrain from such masochistic requests in the future, as it makes mocking your posts totally lame and boring. Just be patient and let it happen naturally...

KU squeezed that one out of their a$$

They won by 15 points, outscoring the Mocs by 22 points in the 2nd half, including a 19-1 KU scoring run ( I refuse to acknowledge the 1996 change to the "Mockingbird's", prompted by cries that the previous mascot, Chief Moccanooga, was completely racist. If we can't poke fun at systematically eradicating and entire race of indigenous peoples and stealing their land, then what CAN we make fun of??? Other than DonGlover, of course). 

The only things being squeezed out of an ass is your inaccurate overview of the game. The Mocs got lucky and hit a bunch of 3's in the first half, but were utterly outgunned by the KU players, who dominated the 2nd half with their superior athleticism, coaching, and home-court advantage.

Sidenotes:

1) Your girlfriend got you 11th row KU tickets? You should marry her immediately!
2) I bet Lincoln could have been one hell of a disc golfer.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 04:37:42 PM »
Last night was the roll off for the trip and the car. Each person got 1 throw of 6 dice that had to spell out STONES in order to win the car and the trip. The 8th dude rolled STONE and won the trip. That was the best anyone did out of 101 participants. Since nobody spelled out the complete word nobody won the damn car. It was valued just over $55,000.
Steven Disc Glover