Author Topic: Grow the Sport  (Read 2467 times)

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
Re: Grow the Sport
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »
ted nugent spoke best about the game when he said it should be free for all.

espouse elucidation

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 10:46:36 AM »
Lets not start a political war in here.  You have representation, you are taxed, your state's vote just wasn't effective in the grand scheme of things.

Pay-to-play is happening everywhere glover, and it will increase the "sport", it may impact the casual play, but the title is to grow the sport, not the casual player.

There is a distinction, and this is a question that is being ignored in my mind by many.  Do you want to increase participation, or do you want to increase the sport?  Though appearing to be similarly aligned, they truly are not.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
Two thumbs down on any serious forum political banter. (maybe I am just a sore loser, as my write in ticket of Jamie Danger/Dan Loomis for Prez/VP did not win. I was really hoping for 8 years of socialized hash and disc reform!)

I strongly believe we should keep any and all divisive, potentially hurtful discussion on here centered around KU-MU. Like this: Does anyone really think it is a coincidence that MU alumnus Matthew "Humble" Hummel quit the game of disc golf forever (after years of abuse and getting worked over by Craig loonis and Neckbeard-both KU alumni) near the same time that Misery fled the Big 12 after years of being sodomized by a team named after a mythological bird? I think not...

***Keizer insert Northern Iowa/Johnson County blasts here)***

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 12:28:05 PM »
OK.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »
I would understand a KU fan wanting to charge a UNI fan to play disc golf in Johnson County, although I think just having to look at all those well-to-do yuppie f*cks and their storybook suburban lives ought to be payment enough. I hope every Christmas tree in Johnson County, Kansas, catches fire and burns down the house it's in this year. Now I don't actually mean any of that, but Spencer did ask for it and well, it was kinda fun to type it out.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »
I would understand a KU fan wanting to charge a UNI fan to play disc golf in Johnson County, although I think just having to look at all those well-to-do yuppie f*cks and their storybook suburban lives ought to be payment enough. I hope every Christmas tree in Johnson County, Kansas, catches fire and burns down the house it's in this year. Now I don't actually mean any of that, but Spencer did ask for it and well, it was kinda fun to type it out.

The government doesn't approve of the term "Christmas trees." They are holiday trees. ???
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 02:35:48 PM by Tom »

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 03:22:10 PM »

The government doesn't approve of the term "Christmas trees." They are holiday trees. ???

Oh sh1t, glad ya pointed that out, Tom. My apologies to anyone who might have been offended or felt excluded by my mentioning of the Christian holiday in question.:D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 09:24:31 PM »
Smithville isn't proof enough of how that worked? The only way to really test the theory is charge parking at every park. Then you'll see the casual players no longer playing along with several others who may not like extra fees.

You know what I love about Smithville and other pay-to-play courses?  They are clean. You don't see a lot of trash under every bush and the tee signs aren't vandalized. Some have security as is the case with Smithville Park. I like knowing my car will very probably not get broken into.

Pay-to-play courses keep the trash and the riff-raff out.  Who are trash and riff-raff?  People who litter and vandalize.  They will not make the sport grow, so I couldn't care less how many of them take up disc golf.

There will still be free courses to play in.  The increase of pay-to-play courses will not completely eliminate free courses.   
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound