KCFDC Courses > Cliff Drive

PDGA League in 2013 at Cliff

<< < (2/17) > >>

coops:
Two things, Jack.

Will there be any sort of provision covering PDGA rules of play as they will pertain to player rating? Specifically I'm thinking of the oft-times liberal usage of the pickup in our leagues. Some are fine, sure, but others are much to generally applied and could really impact the ratings aspect of these leagues.

And are these directly affecting our PDGA rating or is there a separate PDGA league rating to be created? I thought the latter, but I can't find where it was that made me think that now.

thanks

jack:

--- Quote from: Cooper on November 14, 2012, 08:27:10 AM ---.....Will there be any sort of provision covering PDGA rules of play as they will pertain to player rating? Specifically I'm thinking of the oft-times liberal usage of the pickup in our leagues. .........
--- End quote ---

Good point, we will discuss that at every league, but we would want to "finish the hole" out in most instances, the rule for me is typically within 6' of the basket though it's a gimme, but I can see where you are heading on that.  We will work towards picking up all shots and finishing the hole during the PDGA format.

--- Quote from: Cooper on November 14, 2012, 08:27:10 AM ---And are these directly affecting our PDGA rating or is there a separate PDGA league rating to be created?.....

--- End quote ---

The way that I interpret it, this will impact your rating, and counts the same as a standard round in a tournament.  The belief is that by having rated rounds during your more standard playing time that the rating will be a more accurate indication of how you really are rated.  Tournaments are not typical, but the ratings used are from that non-typical disc golf style, so this was a way to capture it.

robm:
Very interested.
What day and time of week?
What date does it start?

jack:
Cliff Drive league will remain on Monday's, and it will start probably the 2nd week after Daylight Savings kicks in next year March 18th, we shall let the hangover begin at Cliff Drive.

Tom, we are looking into Keizer's idea of renting trees.  Right now we are trying to accurately make a determination of the rental time agreement, and are in conversations with Kiewit about using said trees for their own carbon credit, and the timeline that they would be interested in helping to defray associated costs.

Right now though the major hold up seems to be a dirty bird that got caught in a carbon based light transformer and slowed the conversation down.  There were also concerns from the TLC organizing committee that working with a JoCo based outfit could lead to soccer moms and dads coming into the park, instead of our typical clientele of companions, those who choose to live "off the grid" and the other layer of UN-recycleable depositors of the land.

These conversations with those leaders seemed to have stalled, as every intention of meeting and having conversations with them, they appear to be anxious and leave.  SO based on that information we are holding tight with the status quo at the moment.

If you could reach the hierarchy within the JoCo organization that may in fact help our efforts of placing trees that we will yank out of an area to the North of Sante Fe Trail in a location that Sonny Hill used to be in, there appears to be plenty to harvest in that general area. :o

andyportwood:
Were you still planning on having the league play at BV once a month or with there be a seperate league for that course as well this year?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version