Author Topic: where to buy plastic?  (Read 1375 times)

wlsmoku

where to buy plastic?
« on: June 21, 2006, 01:29:26 PM »
if this is a rookie question I apologize - please move this accordingly.

I was at rosedale monday and someone told me about "the warehouse" off 18th st(???) that is basically discgolf merchandise heaven. anyone have an address for me so I can go spend some of my paycheck  :)

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
where to buy plastic?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 03:07:34 PM »
www.discgolfworld.com

509 E 18th Street in  
downtown Kansas City, Missouri,  
10-4:30, M-F.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

wlsmoku

where to buy plastic?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 03:21:08 PM »
u are da man - thanks so much 8)

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
another place to buy discs
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 10:44:21 PM »
If you have Monday evenings open, come check out our league at Prairie Center Park in Olathe.  I usually carry a decent selection of new discs.  I also encourage rookies to play in the league since we have an am division based on handicap.  This allows everybody a chance to win KC Kash which you can buy discs with.  Call me if you have any questions.  Bob Hayett-913-888-8863

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
rookie's can't play ams 1st night out
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 08:57:27 AM »
if you go to prairie center they ask that you play open the first time you're out there. i know it doesn't even sound like johnson county; but it's true.
putt, putt, give.

wlsmoku

where to buy plastic?
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 09:27:54 AM »
whats the cost to play?

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
where to buy plastic?
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 12:06:32 PM »
Most leagues are around $5.

Wichita also has a handicap amateur singles division for league.  We offer a recreational division that is free.  Handicaps scores can be generated this way without the need for the initial "donation".  Of course, the first timer can play am or pro the first time for $5 and get no strokes.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
where to buy plastic?
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 05:11:04 PM »
if you go to the "Leagues" link from the main KCFDC.org page, you'll find all the info you need about leagues.

There is NO requirement to play open at Olathe league...or anywhere else.

Monday is the busiest league night---Cliff Drive, Olathe, and the New Player's League at Rosedale.  Any of them are great ways to learn more about the game...but, just as important, show your support for what the Club has done, is doing, and will be doing by joining!  

the KCFDC is responsible for all the public courses in this area (except the California Trail course).  Anytime you play in the KC area, you're utilizing lots of hours by lots of volunteers from the Club who worked their tails off to design, install, and maintain that course.  Every $$ helps a little more, and every warm body does too.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!