Author Topic: visiting KC  (Read 1247 times)

Greenwood17921

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
visiting KC
« on: June 23, 2006, 02:02:42 PM »
Yo KC disc golfers-----I'll be in town next week from Thursday-Sunday (6/29-7/2).

Where's some action?  I don't like playing alone.  What's the lowdown on the Thursday league at WW??  dubs, singles, how much, walk-ons welcome, etc?

Also, I'm originally from the KC area--noticed a Tom Mollenkamp played the KC Wide Open.....I hadn't seen that name in a while.  We went to Park Hill HS together (way back in the 80's :roll: ), don't think I've talked with him since 1990 or so.  Anybody know how to get ahold of this dude?  I'd like to play a round with ya Tom, if at all possible.

Peace-

jay

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
visiting KC
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 02:29:56 PM »
All leagues in KC are $5 for club members and $6 for non-club members, except Monday night begineers league.  Also all summer time leagues are singles events, the doubles leagues are in the winter time.

Also check out Friday night WyCo leagues, I think there are some Mollenkamps that play out there.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Greenwood17921

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
visiting KC
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 02:36:31 PM »
thanks for the info.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
visiting KC
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 04:10:27 PM »
I don't know if Tom is related to Rick and Sean Molenkamp that play at WyCo or not. I kinda doubt it because the last name seems to be spelled differently. But I'll ask them. Otherwise, I have no contact info for Tom myself.

Come on out to WyCo league after playing WW on Thursday. Walk ons are indeed welcome.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
visiting KC
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 04:26:19 PM »
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Greenwood17921

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
visiting KC
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 08:19:01 PM »
Quote from: "Nivek9"
I don't know if Tom is related to Rick and Sean Molenkamp that play at WyCo or not. I kinda doubt it because the last name seems to be spelled differently. But I'll ask them.

There's a definate possibility that I spelled his name incorrectly. :oops:

Quote from: "bradley996"
THis could be him (bottom of page)
https://www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org/slhs/com/employer/CompResults/compresultsFAQ.htm

the power of GOOGLE! :)

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: visiting KC
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 11:16:44 PM »
Quote from: "Greenwood17921"
Yo KC disc golfers-----I'll be in town next week from Thursday-Sunday (6/29-7/2).

Where's some action?  I don't like playing alone.  What's the lowdown on the Thursday league at WW??  dubs, singles, how much, walk-ons welcome, etc?

Also, I'm originally from the KC area--noticed a Tom Mollenkamp played the KC Wide Open.....I hadn't seen that name in a while.  We went to Park Hill HS together (way back in the 80's :roll: ), don't think I've talked with him since 1990 or so.  Anybody know how to get ahold of this dude?  I'd like to play a round with ya Tom, if at all possible.

Peace-

jay

Jay,

League is at Water Works on Thursday night, and Wyco on Friday.  I'll definitely be out there Thursday.  I'll send my self an email reminder to email you on Monday, I know we have have Tom's phone number at the shop, that is, if the google search didn't work out for you.

Tom Mollenkamp is NOT related to Sean or Rick Molenkamp.  They spell their surname differently.  All 3 are good guys, though.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Greenwood17921

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
visiting KC
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 09:28:14 AM »
Chappy,
I won't get your message till next week.  I'm on vacation through the 4th of July.  Can you forward it to gdl_17921@yahoo.com?  That's my yahoo address, that I can check when not at work.    Otherwise, I"ll see you at WW Thursday.  Thanks!
jay
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 02:18:15 PM by Greenwood17921 »

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
visiting KC
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 09:45:33 AM »
Quote from: "Greenwood17921"
Chappy,
I won't get your message till next week.  I'm on vacation through the 4th of July.  Can you forward it to sherrygoreth_jordan@yahoo.com?  That's my yahoo address, that I can check when not at work.    Otherwise, I"ll see you at WW Thursday.  Thanks!
jay

Just sent it.  See you Thursday.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.