Author Topic: Arkansas City, kansas?  (Read 489 times)

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Arkansas City, kansas?
« on: December 02, 2012, 10:06:27 AM »
Any decent courses near Ark City? I know "The Frizz" is played down near there, but I believe it is a private course. I will be working down there for the next couple of weeks and will need a place to play. Any suggestions?

BTW, I will be back on fridays for traveling fridays league. (This week Rosie up and down with pointers from loomis?)
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
Re: Arkansas City, kansas?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 02:25:44 PM »
I'll be nailing it in the afternoon with you all.  Around 12:30 pm.  May I request to play Up Top second that day?
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:48:30 AM »
I've been there but don't know about courses.  Sorry.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

Kryptenx

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 09:54:07 AM »
Chiming in from the place where fat black cattle go to a happier place in Ark City. There are a couple of courses at camps south of town (private) that I have not played and cannot comment on. Cherry St Park in Winfield is not bad for pitch and putt but is short, flat, and hardly has obstacles. The course the Frizz is played at is south of the fairgrounds in Winfield, not a bad safari course but I have no earthly idea where to tee from on any of the holes. Take 77N into Winfield, turn left at 14th St and turn off to the left when you see baskets after crossing the railroad tracks. Nothing compared to the KC scene but what can you expect from Ark City/Winfield?

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 09:35:25 PM »
played Cherry St. park. Not bad for podunk Ks. Saw the fairgrounds? at the campsites south west of town. Scarry. But not a bad place to live if I lost my job and had no place else to live.

Met a nice jent with pony tail from ark city and a bigger belly than me. Thought I should beat him on my second nine and lost by two.
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48