Author Topic: Wanna train like a champion?  (Read 868 times)

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Wanna train like a champion?
« on: January 07, 2013, 12:29:58 PM »
"I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." ~ Ken Venturi

Not only is field time with your discs important, but to really succeed in golf and life, there's needs to be balance. Nutrition plays a pivotal role in building strength, Physically and mentally. A healthy mind and a strong core can take you wherever you need to go...!

I'm working with a Nutritional company called Advocare...This product is amazing and I really want to share it with you guys and girls...

For all of you that have seen me lately, know that I am on a mission to be a leaner, but not meaner, TanK. I have a good friend that recommended this to me. I was a little skeptical at first, but knew that its proven and If I stuck with it, It should work.

I mean after all, This product is in ALL 32 NFL locker rooms and soon to be in MMA arenas It, must be safe, effective and NOT on the banned substance list...

I gave it a shot and am COMPLETELY excited about my results. The only problem is that I didn't start it earlier...!

Right now, I am down 30 pounds and feel better than I have in 15 years! My hip issues have all but subsided, my knee pain has gone from not being able to finishing 2 round events, to running up the fairway on the last hole! My muscle tone has improved and my recovery time has cut in half.. There is no finish line to being healthy and happy...

I do work out, yes, and have also altered my diet but, you only live once and and I do enjoy eating. By altering my diet means eating healthier most of time, but I still allow my self to eat cheeseburgers, pizza, dark chocolate, you know all the comfort food we all like to pass by our taste buds.

"But TanK, you're exercising and eating healthier, how do you know this product is working?" GREAT QUESTION

When I was in Colorado for 2 weeks, over the holidays, I missed hitting the gym, lounged around the house, PURE LAZINESS!! My dads lives out in the country, so It wasn't easy to get to a gym. Running in 10 degrees, did sound fun either. I ate Ham, mashed potatoes, Cheesecake, cookies, bacon, pizza, casseroles, just to name a few. I didn't eat completely unhealthy, I also munched on veggies and fruits. I did get some exercise band time in too. But, I stuck with taking my ThermoPlus everyday, a half hour before my first meal. When I got back home to KC, I  scared as hell to step on the scale. I snuck up on it, stepped up, closed my eyes, looked down and I lost a half a pound...! A HALFA pound!!!! I NOW know, that taking this HAS boosted my metabolism, and had jump started my fat burning ability.

I knew I felt better and liked what I saw looking back from the mirror, but, right than and there, I WAS SOLD!!!!

I'm working on the best and easiest way to get my disc golf family accessibility to these products...

Feel free to look around and contact me if you have questions or ready to jump start a NEW YOU!!

Site removed per request, but fell free to contact me via Private message...

Stay tuned, MUCH more to come!!

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much. ~ Jim Rohn

Ken Franks
Team Innova Air Force
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:30:55 PM by Ken Franks »
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
Re: Wanna train like a champion?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »
Thanks TanKer. Good info my friend.

Now how do we go about training for the Down-Under Slop?

Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:49:24 PM »
Leave it to the thinnest golfer in KC to be the first to respond...:~)

Try playing barefooted and grow your toenails real long, until that wrap around to the bottom of your feet, Should gain serious traction!

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:18:53 PM »
Leave it to the thinnest golfer in KC to be the first to respond...:~)

Try playing barefooted and grow your toenails real long, until that wrap around to the bottom of your feet, Should gain serious traction!

Tank, you should complete your transformation with some Utz-locks......you could be the next Disc Golf Fabio!

Hair (featuring NEW Old Spice Guy Fabio)
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:10:58 PM »
AWESOME...! :D

Mick

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 09:35:32 PM »
I started DG to help lose weight. Now I'm losing weight to play disc golf.  The cold weather, a cold and the holidays have slowed me down but I started back today with a work-out. I might give these a try. I know green tea is great for weight lose. Also a buddy is into working out and uses Raspberry Ketone's, I haven't tried that yet.
I too wish I had started sooner but can't look back. Last summer, I lost 18 pounds from July to August, not bad. I'm ready for this summer.
Who ever said it was easy ,never met me.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 01:13:40 PM »
congrats on your weight lose Tank.   The biggest accomplishment Tank is that you are prolonging your life expectancy by losing fat.  Increasing the number of meals and making them smaller meals throughout the day is a great way decrease weight combined with cardio and muscle building.  A muscle building workout keeps your metabolism reved higher for longer periods of time than a cardio workout.  Folks that want to lose weight must do at least 30 min of cardio a day a long with some type of muscle strengthening exercises.   

there are so many great exercise videos out there that you can do at home like P90X.  They keep your heart rate high and you are seriously stressing your muscles as well.  Plus you can do them at home and not need a gym membership.   

keep up the great work Tank!

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »
congrats on your weight lose Tank.   The biggest accomplishment Tank is that you are prolonging your life expectancy by losing fat. 

Heck, I think I last saw Tank about 2 months ago, and he was looking trimmer than usual then. Congrats, Tank! 8)

KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555