Author Topic: League Results???  (Read 720 times)

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
League Results???
« on: January 14, 2013, 10:10:34 AM »
I know I am not the only one that thinks the posting of results has gotten a little lazy/non-exsistent these days. 

I don't care about seeing my score at the top of a forum to feel good about myself 8), I just want to see how many & who is showing up at each league...I don't think I am the only one that is interested in this data.

Whether you are an avid league player or a newbie just checking this forum out for the first time, some info on who is playing and the average scores being shot, can only help to encourage better turn-out to glow/night/day leagues.  Plus, it's pretty cool, when a newbie gets to see his/her name up at the top of the leaderboard when you get teamed up with a Tank/Arturo/Henry in Dubs.  Something to brag to their friends about, and get their friends out as well.

What about it??
Joe Hesting

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
Re: League Results???
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:28:04 AM »
Hey Joe!

I love seeing the scores posted too. Jay does an excellent job posting the Down Under Dubs scores w/ a custom rating system. I think the biggest issue for the winter leagues is the lack of score card use. Its dark, its cold and no one wants to write down scores.

But I hear ya, what about it?!
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:36:47 AM »
Definitely not pointing the finger at Jay or Tracy.  Even St. Joe's league is kept up to date. Just wondering what's going on in Olathe, Rosie on Wednesday's and Friday's, Waterworks, Swope, Old Pike, P-HIll, Legacy (still have dubs?).

Don't necessarily have to keep scorecards, just write down scores for teams on a notebook at the end.  If a team doesn't turn in their score and left early, can still post their names.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:39:37 AM by white mccoy »
Joe Hesting

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 10:42:35 AM »
One thing to remember though is that only Down Under league is a "club league" in the winter, so anything else isn't really required to do much, it's at the discretion of the person/people that choose to be in charge.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 10:46:07 AM »
Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

All of Olathe's scores get posted, along with the ACE fund update. I haven't been as timely this year as in the previous seven years, but I do get them up eventually. We are paid very well to do it after all.  ::)

I'll try to post them quicker these last seven weeks of GLOW.  :P

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 10:57:21 AM »
Whatchu talkin bout Willis?
Sorry Tom.  My bad.....  Is there still an Olathe Saturday morning league?

One thing to remember though is that only Down Under league is a "club league" in the winter, so anything else isn't really required to do much, it's at the discretion of the person/people that choose to be in charge.

I am not requiring anybody of anything, just simply asking for the benefit of all, and hoping I wasn't the only one who cared.  More info(=?)more people=more fun/money

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:59:52 AM by white mccoy »
Joe Hesting

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 11:06:35 AM »
Sat morning league vanished a few years back at Olathe....

I am unsure how many people get online that run the other leagues you are speaking of as well.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »
No Saturday league in Olathe for the past three or four years..... DU is the place to be on Saturday.  8)

The Club events calender is pretty accurate lately.  8)

GLOW tonight at PC with a mega ACE fund though. Even though it's gonna be bitter cold, with 2 mph winds it shouldn't be too bad. be signe up by 5:45, draw partners at 6:00.  :)

sportwood

• Am Poster
  • Chris Portwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 04:23:50 PM »
FYI...  I am still working on getting a formal league management system for the site.  I am new to WordPress PHP plugin development and have had to educate myself a bit as well as handle a number of plugin conflicts but I am now in core development stages for it.  It will both help league directors manage stats and will provide members a singe interface to view league and tournament results.
Thanks,
Chris Portwood
Technology Team
PDGA# 55595

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 05:54:43 PM »
I think we've been pretty good at getting the scores up for Friday Traveling League. I think this has improved our turnout. Also regular discussion and promo here, facebook and text to texts has helped too. I know I like seeing my scores (most of the time).
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48