Author Topic: Kansas City Mini Series - 2013  (Read 5693 times)

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kansas City Mini Series - 2013
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2013, 10:52:21 PM »
Any thoughts on talking with any of the local ball golf courses to see if they are interested in a safari tournament? Seems with DD's track record and contacts in Emporia it could be a viable possibility.

I've considered this with Tomahawk Golf Course in Shawnee, actually very close to SMP.

Bill Maasen, the Superintendent of Golf Courses for P&R is the guy to go to for stuff at SMP, and he's really into disc golf as a whole. He plays occasionally and his son Brett is a KCFDC Member.

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2013, 09:36:45 AM »
Any thoughts on talking with any of the local ball golf courses to see if they are interested in a safari tournament? Seems with DD's track record and contacts in Emporia it could be a viable possibility.

I've considered this with Tomahawk Golf Course in Shawnee, actually very close to SMP.

Bill Maasen, the Superintendent of Golf Courses for P&R is the guy to go to for stuff at SMP, and he's really into disc golf as a whole. He plays occasionally and his son Brett is a KCFDC Member.

Actually, Tomahawk was the course I had in mind when I made the suggestion! Great tracks of land, fun elevation, rolling fairways, and could you imagine teeing off on the top of the cliff of 9 down to that green below??!!?!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:50:20 AM by andyportwood »
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

BenC

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2013, 01:49:25 PM »

Actually, Tomahawk was the course I had in mind when I made the suggestion! Great tracks of land, fun elevation, rolling fairways, and could you imagine teeing off on the top of the cliff of 9 down to that green below??!!?!  ;D

or you could use a ball golf course thats already been converted.  Isn't there one in Olathe?

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »
I have a Golf course I am in contact with, and have been for many years, who is interested in us having a Disc Golf tournament held on it. It would be inexpensive and fun. This course actually sets up nicely for Disc Golf.

Originally when I approached them it was for the Ball Golf/Disc Golf tournament Brian Gammon and I use to hold. Although, Brian hasn't been around in some time and our event died off. I would be interested in either bringing it back, or doing a something just Disc Golf related but it wouldn't be until Spring or Fall.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2013, 04:41:29 PM »
I only play real golf...disc golf.

OK, after having the drive by motorcyclist Saturday AM at SMP, I just had to throw that out there
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »
I only play real golf...disc golf.

OK, after having the drive by motorcyclist Saturday AM at SMP, I just had to throw that out there
Ha! What a d-bag that guy was  ;D Scott was totally ready to take him on and I'm pretty sure Aaron was ready to take him out!
PDGA#52809

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2013, 08:17:12 PM »
I have a Golf course I am in contact with, and have been for many years, who is interested in us having a Disc Golf tournament held on it. It would be inexpensive and fun. This course actually sets up nicely for Disc Golf.

Originally when I approached them it was for the Ball Golf/Disc Golf tournament Brian Gammon and I use to hold. Although, Brian hasn't been around in some time and our event died off. I would be interested in either bringing it back, or doing a something just Disc Golf related but it wouldn't be until Spring or Fall.

That's awesome!!!!
PDGA#52809

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2013, 08:19:40 PM »
there's a reason Legacy isn't utilized... its TERRIBLE!!!

Sorry Hinkles, tweener and BORING golf isn't fun!

I love Fled's idea of using more of the new courses... Lake Perry needs a sanctioned event for sure...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2013, 08:26:08 PM »
I love Fled's idea of using more of the new courses... Lake Perry needs a sanctioned event for sure...

I agree that Perry needs some love, as long as it isn't during tick season. I got enough during the Paradise Diamond this year  :o *shudders*
PDGA#52809

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2013, 09:42:30 PM »
legacy is a good course, with a little paint it could be great enough to piss off the pros - nothing like added OB. I think it is a perfect course to split a pool off from the youngle too - saving us all some hassle at say an oversold eastern front. and I think <ask tank or a director> that kcfdc could help out with the shelter rental, like kcfdc and dgw or dd present the eastern front.
espouse elucidation

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2013, 10:18:48 PM »

Tweener this and Tweener that.  Every hole there has deuce opportunity, maybe not for those who are faint of heart and weak in arm.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2013, 10:53:20 PM »

Tweener this and Tweener that.  Every hole there has deuce opportunity, maybe not for those who are faint of heart and weak in arm.

or that don't throw 450 feet and have youth and healthy knees on their side... It may be fun for many, but you won't see me out there, even if it was an A tier...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2013, 07:20:35 AM »
I like the idea of an "eastern front" tourny, but I think Young and P Hill would work great. You can camp and do more at P Hill than at Legacy.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2013, 07:46:21 AM »
there was an "eastern front" tourney the first year young was open. it was young and p hill with a glow round after for anyone camping at p hill. i remember theiss out at young spraying for ivy telling people about it, was right when i started playing. seems like it would be easy enough to do again...
"do you see what happens, Larry?"

Bill the TD

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2013, 08:41:11 AM »
The first eastern front was all Young, 2010.  The second, 2011 was Young and P Hill and the third, 2012 was not run by John.