Author Topic: Want to Play in the United States Disc Golf Championship?  (Read 646 times)

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
Want to Play in the United States Disc Golf Championship?
« on: July 02, 2006, 11:53:43 AM »
Please pass this message to any professionally-oriented disc golfers who live in Missouri or close to Missouri.

As the PDGA State Coordinator for Missouri, I get to fill one spot at the United States Disc Golf Championship. For you who have never qualified through a regular qualifier like the KC Wide Open, here is a chance to play in the toughest tournament field on one of the truly great disc golf courses. Because of the large entry fee and sponsorship support, the purse is one of the biggest each year as well.

Because the interest in this event has historically been low in Missouri, I'm not running a competition for this one spot. Rather, I'm curious to see if anyone wants to play. The tournament will consist of one round a day on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday (October 15-17), and a final round on Saturday for the 150 or so players who make the cut. The entry fee (I think) is still $225. The event is held on the campus of Winthrop University in Rock Hill, SC, which is about 45 minutes from the airport in Charlotte, NC.

My first preference is to have someone who lives in Missouri attend the event. However, I would like to award the chance to play to someone, even if not a Missouri resident.

If you are serious about wanting to play, which means understanding that there is a severe financial requirement to do so, please call or write me soon. Whoever is going, must have their entry fee paid before August 1.

Thanks for your interest.

Rick Rothstein
PDGA State Coordinator

Disc Golf World
509 E 18th St
Kansas City MO 64108

816.471.3472 (phone)
888.237.6884 (toll free)
816.471.4653 (fax)

rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com
Rick Rothstein