General > General Banter

Prodigy....Discs?

<< < (2/3) > >>

AdamC:
Ahhh Prodigy...my first experience with the Information Superhighway was via Prodigy back in like 1994.  CompuServe had nothing on them!

--- Quote from: dickthediscparker on January 18, 2013, 07:42:51 AM ---I'd be more worried about Star Trek.

--- End quote ---

This was the first thing I thought of as well after seeing their logo. 

Mike Hyzer:

--- Quote from: dickthediscparker on January 18, 2013, 07:42:51 AM ---I'd be more worried about Star Trek.

--- End quote ---

Make it so, #1! 8)

Lander:
The United States Patent and Trademark Office considers Prodigy Interactive Services a DEAD trademark.

Prodigy Disc is also a registered and described as...

Word Mark   PRODIGY DISC
Goods and Services   IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Equipment for playing a flying disc target game, namely, flying discs; Equipment for playing a flying disc target game, namely, sport bags, stools, targets. FIRST USE: 20121108. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20121108
Mark Drawing Code   (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code   01.01.11 - Incomplete stars; Stars, incomplete
Serial Number   85819434
Filing Date   January 9, 2013
Current Basis   1A;1B
Original Filing Basis   1A;1B
Owner   (APPLICANT) Prodigy Inc. CORPORATION GEORGIA 12195 Highway 92 Ste 114-143 Woodstock GEORGIA 30188
Attorney of Record   Celina Fenster
Description of Mark   Color is not claimed as a feature of the mark. The mark consists of The words PRODIGY DISC inside a star.
Type of Mark   TRADEMARK
Register   PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator   LIVE

That may indicate that there would not be a conflict of the two logos,
But I could be wrong.

jack:
comp-u-serve.....now there is a blast from the past.  list serves and all!

ReTee:
Well it doesn't sound like there'll be any trademark infringement suits, but it sounds like they run the risk of making people think that a defunct ISP company has retrofitted their factory so instead of making backup discs programmed with drivers, they're making flying discs that include drivers.  And putters.  Might not be the best marketing idea.  Then again, maybe the name recognition will get more people curious to see what they really do offer and this was a brilliant marketing scheme!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version