Author Topic: 2013 Rosedale Open C Tier Kansas City, KS - March 10th  (Read 3879 times)

dan howard

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Vivid Earth Tie Dyes
Re: 2013 Rosedale Open C Tier Kansas City, KS - March 10th
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »
If it were only that easy Tom.  My sister is in town this weekend, we'll be tearing it up Saturday night.  Starting at Free State to watch the Hawks @ 5, feel free to join us after KanU.

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 02:02:43 PM »
Thanks for the offer Dan but I don't think I'll be doing any drinking the night before the Rosey Open.  Gotta fit in that extra hour somewhere.   8)
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Skyhawkmd

• Am Poster
  • NOT a Professional Disc Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
I just played Rosie for the first time since the snow and was surprised that the tee pads aren't all clear with all the traffic that course has got since the snow, if I would have known I would have cleared them.
Matt Dixon
The Used Car Factory INC.
3035 SW US 40 Hwy E.B.
Blue Springs, MO. 64015
PDGA #55098

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
Saw that Rosedale open had 84, wyco 88, frost breaker 86, pretty good numbers scott looking forward to what else you can bring to the KC area
Adam Johnson

coops

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
Good weekend Scott! Maybe next time order some better weather, though.

coops

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »
Did the first and second round get combined for purposes of round ratings?

That second round played way harder with the wind picking up and the temperature dropping.

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2013, 08:21:56 PM »
Did the first and second round get combined for purposes of round ratings?

That second round played way harder with the wind picking up and the temperature dropping.

I wondered the same.  I shot one stroke worse the second round and my rating for the second round was higher than the first.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 10:06:54 PM »
When I enter scores in, I'm only selection course layout, not conditions.  When I submit the official report I will mention those conditions, not sure what that changes though
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2013, 06:16:35 AM »
Nice weekend Scott . . . DD  . . . and all those who put in the hours and work. Fun gathering at the store after.

No more from DDKC till May 18 . . . SMITHVILLE!!!!! wooot!!
2 rounds? 3? 4????

PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2013, 07:55:16 AM »
There will be a one rounder or two before then :)
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2013, 08:00:19 AM »
When I enter scores in, I'm only selection course layout, not conditions.  When I submit the official report I will mention those conditions, not sure what that changes though

As far as I know, the weather has nothing to do with the ratings.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

coops

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2013, 08:13:04 AM »

Yeah, it just seemed like the ratings were a smidge low that second round. My 53 felt way better than a mid-950s. And, on top of that, there weren't any 1000s in the second round, which is strange enough on its own.

coops

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2013, 08:16:59 AM »

Weather certainly does affect ratings. It changes how people shoot and what scores get what ratings. The other thing too is that the PDGA likes to combine rounds in similar conditions as long as they are on the same set up. Yesterday, though played on the same set up, couldn't have been any different. The morning was mild and calm, and the afternoon was blustery and windy. I would venture to say that it got 4-5 strokes harder between rounds.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 09:03:13 AM »

Correct, the only thing that matters on the ratings is the other players rating playing.  If the others playing have a high score, the ratings are adjusted accordingly.  So if a 1000 rated player shot 48 for a 1000 the first round and then they shot 52 for a 1000 the second round, it is based off of all the other players with PDGA ratings.  It will self adjust slightly as it becomes official though.

So though weather doesn't change, the PDGA also doesn't "manufacture" ratings based on the weather and alter them.  It is based solely on a mathematical formula.  THe harder the course is scored by the people with ratings already the harder the ratings will be.  If 4 1000 rated players all shoot that 48=1000 in round one, and then shoot 52 in the afternoon, everything will be skewed by four strokes on the afternoon round.  So the weather plays a part only by the score from the players playing.  It doesn't change the ratings criteria because it rained, or because they have another event that was used earlier. 

Think about it in KC, we have one of the few places in the world where we have 3-5 placements on every freaking hole.  Based on that how would the PDGA be able to determine each hole specific to each course, unless we as TD's turned in each location......it doesn't happen.....

Weather only affects the ratings because it affects the entire field's score.  It is with that notion that weather affects the ratings, but not altering the ratings based on the weather.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 09:08:58 AM »
All scores thrown on the same course layout in multiple rounds will be used to determine the SSA and ratings for that layout except when wind is significantly different

So it looks like the SSA is still being calculated from the first round, which would be the 49 (1000 rated.) It looks like each throw is then worth 10 ratings points.

The second round gets a little tricky. Because there wasn't a Scratch Score, and the general low scores of the field, we see compressed ratings. For instance, a 51 in the second round rated higer (4 points) than a 50 in the first round.

I'm not sure what formula they apply to appease the "except when the wind is significantly different" scenario in the above PDGA statement. But I reckon these ratings will be recalculated before everything is said and done.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831