Author Topic: 2013 Rosedale Open C Tier Kansas City, KS - March 10th  (Read 3717 times)

Loomis

Re: 2013 Rosedale Open C Tier Kansas City, KS - March 10th
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 11:36:54 AM »
Don't worry about the round ratings... This isn't a sport with sabermetrics. Worry about other things - more important things like throwing really, really far and making sure you own every new disc that comes out. These things are essential and will improve your game the most. My keys for success also contain a few often overlooked yet important concerns, for example; I concern myself with color coordination of my discs; and I am very concerned about my own hygiene. If more disc golfers did the same, then the ratings might be more impressive and mean something.

Loomis
1040 rated cleanliness/ 990 rated coordination

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Rosedale Open C Tier Kansas City, KS - March 10th
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2013, 11:45:14 AM »
Hint for anyone chasing ratings:  Play in events(pools) with as many high rated players as possible.......
Simply put, disc golf ratings is a flawed system.

Yes, hence why playing a course in the morning during the Wide Open in the pro pool, will have higher ratings than an advanced pool on the same course with almost identical conditions.  The ratings of the people that you are playing with determine more than your actual play.

That being said though, playing where you are comfortable and feel competitive is probably more important in the long run.  Hence my decision to return to the Am side, that and I enjoy being able to choose which divisions I want to play, and having all options open......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"