Author Topic: Liberty, MO.  (Read 6964 times)

Old Pike Mike

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty, MO.
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »
Excellent news!   Does anyone know who helped with the design?   Admiral Stocksdale  has a nice park.   I hope they make it challenging enough. 

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »
I spoke with the Liberty Parks Manager about the course and he was able to provide a little more information on the course. They don't have a lot of money for a course designer, so they're looking to meet with anyone interested in providing feedback on the course. I believe he's contacted Theiss for some guidance. If all 18 holes are sponsored than they plan to break ground in May.

Here is an aerial view of the current mock up. There are flags on each hole currently if anyone wants to go over there and check it out. It looks to be a pretty open course, but they're just working with what space they have.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:43:05 AM by ian »

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 09:14:02 AM »
Updated course map thanks to Jon Theiss! Should be a b%tchin course when it's done. Alternate pads, multiple pins, open bombers and par 4 woods holes!

AStomps

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 08:38:37 PM »
looks super open like cliff back 9 or SMP

biscuit

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 09:10:08 AM »
Anyone know how this course is coming along?

Clint
KCFDC#1377
PDGA#67008

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 12:51:01 PM »
most of the rough cutting is complete.  some holes have been giving the final cut.  Removal of debris, stumps, and brush is left on 1/4 of the holes. Ivy still needs to be treated on holes in the woods  or that play near woods.  Originally they were shooting for June 1st.  However,  the course changed dramatically from original route and the new course has demanded much unanticipated work.  And as we know, most park dept are thin so they are working hard at balancing current projects and obligations, along with dedicating time and machinery to this project.

Course will open this summer.  With the help and direction of so many golfers, it  should be fun for all types of golfers and has woods, wind, and water.  we are pushing for alternate pads to even shorten things up for the casuals and families of Liberty. 

john

rockiesfan4ever

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 11:38:13 AM »
Any update on how this course is coming along? It's right by my house and can't wait to go try it out.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 12:12:05 PM »
I would look more to the end of the summer or early fall.  parks and rec got nailed with all the rain and have been playing catch up since.  they started the season off under staffed.  There has been work done by golfers recently. Ted Keith has been a force and can be contacted for future of the volunteer work. He also has a list of things that could be done if you are interested in helping rockiesfan43ver.

Here was a list that was sent to Chris Wilson of parks and rec if you are looking for things to do. Please do not remove any trees that are on the fairways even if marked.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  It would be nice for the disc golfers to make their presence felt, just like ERTA has done.  Those guys put in close to 6 miles of  single track with out the help of the park staff.   Any and all help from the disc golf community demonstrates our commitment to the park  is proves that we are a valued partner, just like ERTA. 

#2 Walking path from #2 tee to basket over dam needs to be cleaned all the way out opening up into hole #3 edge of fairway

#3  Lots of ivy. Near the tee looking at towards the  basket, there is a tree with  Green Tape that needs to be cut out. Everything on outside edge, outside the tree gap players throw thru needs to be cleaned out, but do not cut out areas that would allow players to use another gap besides one given.  Plus a spot near neighbors fence will need to be brushogged out so machines can get down to form #3's tee pad.  This hole will also need some sort of stair, rocks, steps to get to the tee after playing hole 2.  Or you can clean behind the dam and make a walking path from #2 to #3 tee.

#4  Around the tee needs to be cleaned up.  Around the trees near gully needs extra brush hog work since discs will be flying all around the tree gully area.

#5  lots of ivy under power lines. 

#6 clean up hole, move brush to the side, cut out new growth resprouting  that was cut out this spring.

#7  good 

#8 good

#9 lots of ivy along both sides of hole and just everywhere. 

#10 ivy along tree stand on right. 

#11 Ivy outside the trees. I never cut out the walking path to get to the rubble that was dropped and left.

#12 ivy in front of teepad  and located throughout the hole. 

#13 lots of ivy on outside of woods, some inside woods.  Lots of debris that needs to be mulched.  we cleaned the hole up so mowers could get in and mow.  there could also be some dirt work done or else it will be difficult to mow middle of fairway.

#14 Tee pad needs to brush hogged.

#15   cut out and remove all the stumps i cut out during the rough cut.  gather brush .  i have spent a lot of time on 15 and 6.  Path  needs to be cleaned to 16  and bridge. 

#16 ivy in wood line along fields/dam.  i would also like to brush hog everything up to the conservation tree line.  that is a lot more brush hogging but it will be necessary.  We also talked about planting trees.

#17 cleaning up dropped debris.  ivy treatment

#18 looks good.  planting a tree.

biscuit

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 12:43:03 PM »
Are there any tee pads/baskets yet or do you need a map to walk the course layout?

Clint
KCFDC#1377
PDGA#67008

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »
no tee pads yet.  baskets will go in first and we will play from grass and test tee locations.  moving a basket anchor is a lot easier than moving a tee pad.  use the map that posted above. 

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 09:40:40 PM »
Are the baskets in yet? If not, what kind of timeframe is there for installation.  Thanks!

KHud06

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 01:47:58 PM »
Update, i talked to somebody at parks and rec yours morning and they told me some of there seasonal help went back to college so toons were going a little slow but  development was still under way, she couldn't give me a time frame unfortunately.

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 02:18:49 PM »
Just played that course for the first time this week. Fun little 9 hole'r.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 03:24:40 PM »
They are talking about Stocksdale Park. You are referring to William Jewel College's 9 hole course.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 10:44:43 AM »
After talking with several of the top  park personnel, i strongly encouraged and we decided that it would be best to seed  the disturbed areas and let the seed take hold over the winter and open next Spring.  This also allows them to continue working on spraying ivy, pushing back more areas, fine tuning, and getting the course looking really good for the Spring.  the course is coming along nicely and we made a big push with large excavator a couple weeks ago.  Much work was done on the lower pond.

There will be 8 permanent long gold baskets, however 1 gold basket will be shared between 2 holes giving 9 long gold holes that will never be moved from long placements. So there will be technically two courses to play, a 9 hole gold course and a 18 hole blue level course.  My intention was to provide an experience that offers several choices for players.  With 9 long options, players will not get bored if baskets do not get moved  or course is set short for winter.  7 of the gold baskets locations are  2 shot holes  giving players something else besides par 3 golf.  Also very happy to share that the course will have 14 Red level tee pads for beginners as well.  With the elevation, water, woods, and wind, Stocksdale will have plenty to offer.