Author Topic: Liberty, MO.  (Read 7337 times)

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty, MO.
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Tyler's map is right with the exception noted above.  Just have to adjust the hole #'s accordingly.

The address is:
901 South La Frenz Road, Liberty, MO 64068
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

tmattoon

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2014, 11:36:51 AM »
Okay. Thanks Jordan the two blue baskets are what confused me. Also, they are already moving baskets. I know 18 has been moved around already.

tmattoon

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
My map should be fixed now. All of the alternate pins I have seen are close enough you'd be able to figure out what hole they were based off this map.

tmattoon

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2014, 12:01:33 PM »
The blue dots are the normal baskets and the yellow dots are the gold pins for those of you who haven't played the course yet. They will both be in all the time and are actually painted blue and yellow.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2014, 12:25:03 PM »
Nice map Tyler.  Hole 2 has 2 tee pads though.  One is not finished and throws over the water. it is marked with some flags and is behind the brush pile shielding it from #1's basket.

a couple pins were pulled accidentally by the park workers.  i marked a couple spots for some new pins that were added and they pulled a couple of the old- 18 was one hole and 10.   

Blue level course with 18 blue pins.  Course has 14 red level tees and painted red at some point.  Holes that do not have a red tee are likely short and tight (and do not need one).  Plus 9 gold holes when throwing off blue tees to gold baskets.  So...idea is to give ALL types of players  options, just like in ball golf. 

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »
It's also worth noting that the following holes have two "blue" placements:

1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17 & 18.  I don't think I missed any did I John?
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2014, 01:08:11 PM »
It's also worth noting that the following holes have two "blue" placements:

1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17 & 18.  I don't think I missed any did I John?

hole 10( to the left in the tree line not cleared out or installed yet)
hole 14 on the other side of the dog leg that be reached with good 350 drive with  left to right finish

justactnormal

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2014, 05:11:59 PM »
Chris from Liberty Parks and Rec emailed me this map this afternoon and let me know that the course is now playable, but signage is not yet up.

It's hard to see the alt pins and gold baskets on the legend, but you can make them out on the map.

I'm sure that the signs that will be put up on the course will be much more clear.

Hooray!  And many thanks for all the hard work, guys!

DANGIT!  I can't attach the file b/c it says the file size is too large. 

Any advice on how to post the pic??

tedkeith

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2014, 09:24:55 PM »
Just a few more pads need to be poured. Five or six more have been put in this week. Three still has none as of today. Some bozo couldn't stand not being first and climbed over orange cones and yellow tape to throw from 14 long pad while it was still wet, forever leaving their mark.  >:(

Had a talk with a couple of bikers regarding the trails and course. Hopefully everyone will be aware and we won't have any major issues. There are some spots where things could happen for sure.

The course is looking beautiful and I have been enjoying what is there. My problem has been only throwing one drive per hole with so many multiple pins and pads.

biscuit

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2014, 02:10:44 PM »
Any chance Stocksdale will be affiliated with KCFDC or is it going on the non-affiliated list? Just curious.

Clint
KCFDC#1377
PDGA#67008

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2014, 08:33:46 AM »
This will likely be a  KCFDC course.  In the beginning planning/designing  stages, i was not representing the club in any way, however, i always made it clear my support and involvement with the club.  Liberty wants a partnership and they see the value in it, just like with ERTA and  the horseshoes group at Stocksdale.

I believe they have been in contact with Jordan Hinck about running a league and i know that they have Ben C's number.  Jordan is ready to start running a  league and since all pads but 2  are in(3 and 15 long), league could likely start up very quickly if all parties come to some sort of arrangement. 

If you have played the course and  enjoy it or appreciate all of their work, please remember that a simple email thanking them goes a very, very long way.   
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:44:15 PM by john theiss »

justactnormal

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2014, 04:40:20 PM »
I emailed Liberty parks with my thanks last week and encourage others to do the same.  I definitely appreciate all the hard work that went into getting this done.  This will be my new home course and I couldn't be more excited.

John, it's clear that you had a vision for how you'd like this course to be and worked very hard to make that happen.  You could have just stuck some holes out there any old kind of way, but all the planning and deliberate effort to incorporate all the elements that you did will make this a great course.  It will have been worth the wait.

I was out on Saturday and saw at least 4-5 other groups while I was on the course, which was great.  Word's already gotten out that this is going to be a great course and since it's a mixed use park, I think a lot of people will get introduced to the game that they might not have otherwise. 

Great job!

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2014, 05:09:26 PM »
I appreciate your kind words.  I want courses to have something for everyone.  That is how we grow the game and keep the course full of users. There have been several disc golfers who shared their vision out there as well.  It is always a team effort and should be. 

So....thanks to these folks as well for sharing their vision or physically helping with work days
Dick Parker
Dan Loomis and Minna
Ted Keith
Tracy Walker
Jordan Hinck
Ian Stone
Todd Hall

And if you live in Independence or even near it please consider showing your support on August 12th at 6pm at the Sermon Center.  Jordan Hinck has been working very hard building that relationship with the park dept, staying in constant contact, doing powerpoints/spreadsheets/maps, and representing KC disc golf community in a such professional manner.  We have some great tracks of land being considered so we need folks to show up and prove that disc golf is desired for Independence.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:16:18 AM by john theiss »

Zier

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »
Is the course fully set up now? Looking forward to coming out and playing it some time.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2014, 08:17:39 AM »
If fully set up means all 18 baskets then yes.  A couple tees are still missing along with tee signs.