Author Topic: Liberty, MO.  (Read 7404 times)

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Liberty, MO.
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2014, 10:20:05 AM »
Time to hit up the BRC!  I can foresee if becoming an acronym quickly, but I like it!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

pmart

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »
Bad Rock Creek is my vote.  Trailbender is my #2.

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2014, 05:00:06 PM »
Is this course capable of being badazz = as in challenging?  If so...then Bad Rock gets my vote.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2014, 06:12:12 PM »
All tee pads are complete except long 15 and there is a temp fly pad there.  They will be back filling the pads that are above grade soon so that will help with run ups.   

#12 Gold pin is in.  It is fun!  That hole is an old tree nursery for the parks dept.  It reminds you of playing a mountain course or course with pines with the nice symmetry  among all the trees on the right.

Course is on a strict mowing schedule.  Tall grass plays OB and there are plans to eventually turn all tall grass areas into natural prairie with flowers etc.  Grass is not too tight and very generous on many holes even if you are a beginner.

justactnormal

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2014, 03:10:04 PM »
Bad Rock just doesn't sound like a good thing. 

Expedition is not too bad, but there's nothing wrong with Stocksdale Park DGC, IMO.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2014, 08:02:33 AM »
UPDATE:  I played 27 holes out at Liberty over the course of the last weekend, and the course is looking great.  There are still no tee signs, but that is in the works as well as some work to be done around the teepads I believe (hole 7 needs it for the run up on the anny route).  Hole 15 does not yet have a concrete long pad, but there is a flypad on the ground to throw off of.  All baskets are in. 

NOTE: You will see a couple spots on the course where there are white or red flags sticking out of the ground.  This are areas where the mowers are being instructed to let the grass grow to build a "natural" OB.  Any tall grass will likely be painted OB for any tournaments and we would encourage you to play it as such in your casual rounds.  There are other areas which will likely be painted OB, but the spots with flags at this point are hole 3 gold, hole 8 gold, hole 10 gold and hole 18 gold.  However, all tall grass will likely be OB in a tournament. 
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

KCDiscDawg

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kansas City Disc Dogs
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »
Was great to see all the DG'rs come out to Liberty and play yesterday.. Everyone I asked how they liked the course, was smiling from ear to ear! I really like the OB's to be in play also...Its tough hunt in some of that grass, I even went wading, oops!
>>>------> Earth<>Wind<> Fire<>Water<------<<<

Tony Burnett aka " Dirty Bird Dog"
PDGA #53029
KCFDC#1532

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2014, 11:56:52 AM »
Update from Nick at parks & rec:
Most long pads are back filled with gravel
All wooded areas mowed out
Spraying and reseeding are next on the list ( lots of spraying thus far and they have committed to knocking out the remaining ivy)
Kiosk arrived but posts to hang it on has  not been shipped yet
The open areas continue to be mowed regularly and players will not have to worry about tall grass unless you go way off course

If you see the park guys working say hello.  They are making the course a priority and showing it major love.  It is nice having several allies in the parks department.