KCFDC Courses > Water Works

railroad ties wanted

(1/2) > >>

jamidanger:
if anyone can drop off some railroad ties at the park, i can use them to do good. looking for a bout 3 twelve footers to cut into 4 ft lengths to fix some stuff. also some reebar, 30 pieces 12 inch to 36 inch - please donate if you can and drop em off anytime and let me know here on the forum.

john theiss:
In reading Jamie's post, i makes me think about something that i saw on Charlotee's disc golf page.  They have one section on the forum that asks for certain things ie rebar, landscaping timbers, 4 x 4s posts in all sizes, railroad ties, pavers and bricks etc.   Many of us come across these items on a regular basis, whether on the side of the road, waste left over at a job site, cleaning out shed/garage, craiglist, etc.  There might be a shortage of people with trucks, but we have plenty of strong backs in the club. 

The more materials that we all collect, the more cost effect it is to have workdays and get our courses ready for the summer season of events.

jack:
I like this idea a lot, it may be time for a new forum just for this type of information.....Great idea John!

Aaron:
I agree. Being in the construction trade I come across all kinds of materials(some of which I already have accumulated) if I new there was certain things needed I could look out for them.

hberciunas:

--- Quote from: Aaron on February 01, 2013, 03:47:59 PM ---I agree. Being in the construction trade I come across all kinds of materials(some of which I already have accumulated) if I new there was certain things needed I could look out for them.

--- End quote ---

Ditto

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version