Author Topic: railroad ties wanted  (Read 754 times)

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
railroad ties wanted
« on: February 01, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »
if anyone can drop off some railroad ties at the park, i can use them to do good. looking for a bout 3 twelve footers to cut into 4 ft lengths to fix some stuff. also some reebar, 30 pieces 12 inch to 36 inch - please donate if you can and drop em off anytime and let me know here on the forum.
espouse elucidation

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: railroad ties wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:12:15 PM »
In reading Jamie's post, i makes me think about something that i saw on Charlotee's disc golf page.  They have one section on the forum that asks for certain things ie rebar, landscaping timbers, 4 x 4s posts in all sizes, railroad ties, pavers and bricks etc.   Many of us come across these items on a regular basis, whether on the side of the road, waste left over at a job site, cleaning out shed/garage, craiglist, etc.  There might be a shortage of people with trucks, but we have plenty of strong backs in the club. 

The more materials that we all collect, the more cost effect it is to have workdays and get our courses ready for the summer season of events.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:58:53 PM »
I like this idea a lot, it may be time for a new forum just for this type of information.....Great idea John!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:47:59 PM »
I agree. Being in the construction trade I come across all kinds of materials(some of which I already have accumulated) if I new there was certain things needed I could look out for them.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »
I agree. Being in the construction trade I come across all kinds of materials(some of which I already have accumulated) if I new there was certain things needed I could look out for them.

Ditto
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 07:22:56 PM »
I know where some are at that won't be missed. I will look into borrowing them this week if I have time.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 11:14:36 PM »
ties or timbers can be dropped in the parking lot on 13 fairway, over by the cement table tops
espouse elucidation

joots

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 07:35:28 AM »
On Craigslist, there is a post for free/used rr ties. The post was from Feb 19, but I'm sure that since the post is up they are still available. The curb in which they are on is just east of parkville, over by Lakeside middle school. I'm not too sure if these rr ties are what you are seeking out, but I thought I'd help. If I had a truck, or access to one, I would've done this myself. Sorry. If you would like, I could help loading them if you went to go snag them though.
Boom goes the Dynamite!

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 05:39:30 PM »
Oh, I'd forgotten about this, but I won't be helping with this after all because Jamie's exposed himself as an anti-gun liberal weenie. Maybe Claire McCaskill has some railroad ties she'll let you have, Jamie. ;D :P
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555