Author Topic: UNDERCOVER WATER WORKS  (Read 1384 times)

Hanthrolo

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
UNDERCOVER WATER WORKS
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:48:07 AM »
Heard some guys talkin yesterday about KCMO cops sitting in unmarked vehicles calling people out for drinking in the park.  Just a heads up.

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: UNDERCOVER WATER WORKS
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:26:22 AM »
Where does it say it's not permitted?
I've looked at everything on KCP&R's page and didn't find a thing about alcohol.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 09:32:40 AM »
I was thinking the same thing. We as a club had a contract at one time that allowed us to sell beer at places like Water Works as long as we gave a portion of the profit to the city. I'm perplexed by this. Maybe they are looking for underage drinkers.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 09:52:32 AM »
or reefer addicts....
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 09:53:47 AM »
I tried to tell everyone that cops were dicks, but no one wanted to believe me. Watch out for the ones on horseback, especially.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 03:39:03 PM »
Alcohol is NOT allowed in any of the KCMO parks.  THere are signs in some that indicate the ordinance that has that.  I will see what I can get.

We had a contract that allowed us to sell alcohol at our events that are club ran.  The current contract does NOT allow that, we would be required to get approval on that.

Not all cops are bad.....not all disc golfers are bad.....there are exceptions to every rule.

Suffice it to say, be safe when in a public park with your libations.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »
Not all cops are bad...

Not all people who happen to be cops are bad, but all cops are bad. Maybe not all bad all the time, but they're all bad as in potential threats to our liberty and freedoms. And that's a fact, Jack! 8)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 05:41:56 PM »
Wouldn't that statement make every human bad. Every person could potentially threaten your liberties and freedom?
Calm down, this is just for fun.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 06:24:29 PM »
I think what he's saying is, Some people stand to profit from seeking out taking other peoples liberties away, actually get paid to do it....

just a hunch
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 06:41:25 PM »
I think what he's saying is, Some people stand to profit from seeking out taking other peoples liberties away, actually get paid to do it....

just a hunch

Correct. Not only do they get paid to circumvent your freedoms, it is a condition of their employment.

To address Aaron's question, the difference is when an average citizen threatens your rights, you actually have recourse against them. If I stop you on the street when you're minding your own business, for example, you can tell me to F off and be on your way. Same can't be said when it comes to cops.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 06:44:30 PM by Mike Hyzer »
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 07:14:07 PM »
I personally like it when other's people freedom to harm me are taken away.

I especially like it though when those that can't say F off and be on their way are protected by having someone else's freedom taken away.

Such as, taking away:
...other peoples freedom to harm their spouses,
...or their freedom to harm their own children,
...or their freedom to use people against their will that are stuck in human trafficking,
...or their freedom to harm public property that my taxes paid for,
...or their freedom to yell stupid stuff in a public room,
...or their freedom to blow up public buildings,
...or their freedom carry 3" blades on airplanes,
...or their freedom use my social security number and Visa numbers to acquire what they desire without my permission,
...or their freedom to view naked underage boys and girls,
...or their freedom to drive 40 MPH in a residential neighborhood that has a lot of children riding bicycles on a spring day

I could go on forever, shall I continue?

I'm not a cop lover.  In fact when I was 20 I was pulled over, walked the line and patted down because I flipped off a cop while by girlfriend (now wife) was driving so I wouldn't drive my own car drunk (true story).  However, I have respect for police officers.  Maybe you should too.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:18:42 PM by robm »
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 07:20:04 PM »
I agree with Ken and Mikes statements, but there is way too much grey area for any of us to be right.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
I personally like it when other's people freedom to harm me are taken away.

I especially like it though when those that can't say F off and be on their way are protected by having someone else's freedom taken away.

Such as, taking away:
...other peoples freedom to harm their spouses,
...or their freedom to harm their own children,
...or their freedom to use people against their will that are stuck in human trafficking,
...or their freedom to harm public property that my taxes paid for,
...or their freedom to yell stupid stuff in a public room,
...or their freedom to blow up public buildings,
...or their freedom carry 3" blades on airplanes,
...or their freedom use my social security number and Visa numbers to acquire what they desire without my permission,
...or their freedom to view naked underage boys and girls,
...or their freedom to drive 40 MPH in a residential neighborhood that has a lot of children riding bicycles on a spring day

I could go on forever, shall I continue?

I'm not a cop lover.  In fact when I was 20 I was pulled over, walked the line and patted down because I flipped off a cop while by girlfriend (now wife) was driving so I wouldn't drive my own car drunk (true story).  However, I have respect for police officers.  Maybe you should too.

You're one of those obedient subjects who'd give up your rights in exchange for perceived "safety" in a heartbeat, aren't ya? You view the police as being in charge of us, rather than the civil servants they're supposed to be, right? You enjoy the taste of jackboot polish so much that you spread it on your toast every morning, eh? Okay, I'm only kidding with that last one. ;D

I actually agree with most everything on your little list there, and I do have the utmost respect for cops. But just because you respect certain people doesn't mean you have to like them, trust them, or kiss their asses. ;)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 03:25:01 AM »
I love it. We go from some guy who "heard some guys" talkin about cops in unmarked cars to f*ck tha police. Nice. If you're not breaking any laws then no worries. If you feel the cops have violated yours rights, then go to city hall and file a complaint. Maybe even encourage others to do so as well.
PDGA# 51376

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 07:50:16 AM »
Damn. I thought disc golf would be one place that politics wouldn't invade . . . I'll keep out of it thanks. Just don't be arses about it, or how we speak to each other.
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48