Author Topic: UNDERCOVER WATER WORKS  (Read 1514 times)

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: UNDERCOVER WATER WORKS
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 10:25:33 AM »
Cop threads and Keizer, they go together like lamb and tuna fish.

BenC

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 02:03:35 PM »
The police are out there in plain vehicles looking for open containers, off leash dogs, drugs, and making sure that general population knows it is mainly a disc golf park.   They are not running people off, just letting them know they are having a picnic close to a fairway and it might be best to move.  The only problems you will have are the ones you create.

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »
The police are out there in plain vehicles looking for open containers, off leash dogs, drugs, and making sure that general population knows it is mainly a disc golf park.   They are not running people off, just letting them know they are having a picnic close to a fairway and it might be best to move.  The only problems you will have are the ones you create.

Agreed, Ben. For the most part,KCMO PD views disc golfers as a positive force in the parks. Just go talk to them. And yes, there are bad and good people everywhere.

For those who might be a bit new to the club and this discussion forum, Mike Kei -Hyzer is just waiting for you to say something. You are just adding fuel to the fire. Having said that, he is a stand up guy and will go out of his way to help you and the club. So, just as we can't hate on Neckbeard, the same goes for Mike. :)

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 06:00:15 PM »
I love it. We go from some guy who "heard some guys" talkin about cops in unmarked cars to f*ck tha police. Nice. If you're not breaking any laws then no worries. If you feel the cops have violated yours rights, then go to city hall and file a complaint. Maybe even encourage others to do so as well.

Ah, the old "If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" line of thinking. I'm sorry, but statements such as that, along with Ben's "...only problems are the ones you create" statement are misguided at best. That is burying your head in the sand and throwing caution to the wind in favor of a "It'll never happen to me" approach. There is a plethora (I love that word) of videos on Youtube showing all kinds of people who haven't done anything wrong being harassed by arses with badges. So you guys are full of sh!t.

Listen to E, y'all. He knows what he's talking about. You pro-government types are everywhere and I'm familiar with every tone of your collective BAAAAAAHHHs. I will destroy a statist's argument like BP destroys Little Debbie every single time. Good night, now! ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
I will destroy a statist's argument like BP destroys Little Debbie every single time. Good night, now! ;D

Uhhh, I've lost like 50 pounds since you saw me the last time dude....

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 09:13:08 PM »
No wonder Hostess went bankrupt.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 09:30:10 PM »
No wonder Hostess went bankrupt.

Heyooooooooooooooooooooooooo...............

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 09:37:28 PM »
I will destroy a statist's argument like BP destroys Little Debbie every single time. Good night, now! ;D

Okay, change it to microbrew beers, then. And congrats on the weightloss! ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 10:00:28 PM »

Okay, change it to microbrew beers, then. And congrats on the weightloss! ;D

Now you're talking...let's play a round sometime.

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 06:51:19 AM »
Sadly, we must admit that Mike Hyzer might be right, at least partly.

Yesterday during Friday Traveling League, Joe? was playing casual with his two dogs on leashes. Sure enough, a badged jerk snuck out from behind the tree line to give him a ticket. (he dropped the leashes while he was throwing his discs).

As the cop was writting the ticket the two dogs, sat quietly by Joe's side. The cop was nice? enough to give Joe only one $70 ticket instead of one for each dog.

Granted this was at Shawnee Mission Gustapo Park, not at WW. I still have hope that in other places that Jo. Co. the cops are somewhat reasonable.
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 08:55:36 AM »
What was the ticket for if both dogs were on a leash?
Steven Disc Glover

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 10:14:14 AM »
so i guess the "one time"you let go of the leash the cop is there to give you a ticket................please,and i supose you pick up his droppings  too

Loomis

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 10:59:46 AM »
Remember, the cop is the superfluous in the legal machine. No matter where you get your ticket; albeit in a park, your car, your home, or on the street, just take the ticket and keep your mouth shut. You win and lose your legal battles in court, not with a cop. 95 percent of the time, if you play your cards right, you can get out of every ticket and citation given to you. There is a myriad of ways to beat the legal system if you have the patience to do so. Cops aren't your problem, they're just like bad acne - it's ugly, annoying and it goes away. Take your fight to the court.

If you need help fighting, there are several people in the disc golf community who can show you how to interpret laws and ordiances to develop a legal defense against trivial charges.