Author Topic: Road trip  (Read 412 times)

Aaron

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Road trip
« on: February 07, 2013, 08:30:49 PM »
Going on a road trip in a couple months. Wife is cool with me hitting a couple courses along the way. Looking to play around southern Utah,northern Arizona and northern New Mexico. Anyone played courses around there?
Love me some chains!

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Road trip
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »
I have played several in nm, the best courses are in Taos, nm. Sipapu is the best.  Brent Baca memorial in Abq is pretty good too.  Tough to play alone though.  I have a contact I met at gbo from there he might show you around.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 09:25:30 AM »
SIPAPU.....just get there.....my favorite course of all time.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 01:35:48 PM »
SIPAPU.....just get there.....my favorite course of all time.

Definitely Sipapu...Beautiful course.
Joe Hesting

Loomis

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »
When are you taking this trip? Sipa doesn't open until late spring, early summer. And most of the courses in that area are going to be a little rough in the early spring. What is your route? Are you headed through Colorado? Or headed south to Amarillo and across? There are some interesting courses to play depending on which way you go and what time of year it is.

Aaron

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 04:44:45 PM »
Headin west on I70 to Moab. Couple nights there(plan on playing a course there), then SW to Bryce Canyon and Zion. Gunna drop down towards Grand Canyon in AZ, from there heading east towards home through New Mexico, maybe up into S Colorado. Can't wonder too far from this route, as this would irritate the two females in the car with me. Going in June if that makes a difference. Thanks for all the input guys.
Love me some chains!