Author Topic: Workday today!!  (Read 1148 times)

coops

Re: Workday today!!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 06:19:52 PM »
It sure will make playing out there a lot more fun! Great as it is but with sure (and flat) footing we'll really see if anybody can start torching the course.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 10:02:13 PM »
A BIG thanks to Cooper Arnold, Brian Corneilius, Brian Taylor, and Mark Albers for working this evening on cutting in an entirely new hole 3 fairway. We also trimmed a few low hangers on 17, relocated 16's tee approximately 60' back, mowed it and trimmed a few low hangers, and lastly we relocated hole 15's tee approximately 60' back, mowed it, cleared brush out of the fairway and trimmed more low hangers.

With these tasks done the tee box tweaking should be complete, and the concrete tees can be placed. Over the next few months/year we will gradually add alternate pin placements and refine the fairway edge definitions. In the current setup, the course can now be considered a par 57, as holes 1, 15, and 16 can be called par 4's. (at least in my opinion) When we get some alternate pins in, we will be able to make the course from par 54 up to par 61.  8)

This Monday we will be playing the finalized tee locations, hopefully for the last time on the turf surface. If all goes well, the tee boxes will be formed, poured, and back filled during the month of May while we play Prairie Center, and when we return to Lakeside Hills in June the temperatures will be up and the scores will be low.  8)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:08:52 PM by Tom »

coops

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 08:06:42 AM »
New hole 3 will be pretty sweet. I will privately mourn the loss of the old tee and what I had dreamt of but playing a little more in the woods will be a great thing for the course.