Author Topic: Lakeside Hills is OPEN!  (Read 2820 times)

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
Re: Lakeside Hills aka Birdland is OPEN!
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »
I just added this course to the Easy Scorecard app.  Since I didn't have current layout I entered it with the layout provided.  I also linked it to its facebook page.  I entered all Par 3 except the two long holes.

GET BACK TO WORK, SLACKER!!!!!!
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 11:56:42 AM »
So what's the best anyone has shot here? Adam Johnson and I just shot a 52
Matt perry

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 08:22:43 PM »

Im thinking bout checking it out tomorow...anyone in?
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 09:21:06 AM »

with some 80 ft putts made.

pffft....I wish.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 10:47:38 AM »
No we played singles and both shot 52's
Matt perry

Loomis

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 07:02:31 PM »
Eventually, someone with a big arm is going to have a great day out there and the score is going to be in the 40's. I would assume that a hot round in competition would be around 44. The only holes I don't see anyone deucing easily are Holes 1 and 4.

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »
Eventually, someone with a big arm is going to have a great day out there and the score is going to be in the 40's. I would assume that a hot round in competition would be around 44. The only holes I don't see anyone deucing easily are Holes 1 and 4.

4 is 2able, perry had a 40 ft putt and could have got closer
Adam Johnson

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 08:34:36 PM »

Wait till you play cart paths ob
Adam Johnson

Loomis

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 09:00:26 PM »

4 is 2able, perry had a 40 ft putt and could have got closer

Congratulations for the three which is still not a deuce. But I'm going to stand by my statement. It will rarely be deuced unless the trees clear out.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
 Played it today... Really fun course!!

I do think their are a handful of tweeners...

Once tee pads are poured and not 12 uphill tee pads, it will vastly improve...

Course is marked superbly and real easy to follow...!

I think the tree right off the tee on 11 could be removed and clear a few low hangers to help eliminate the "luck lines"

Either way, I will play this course a lot!!!

52 is solid, I shot 54, with 2 deuces and 2-4's..(including a gacked 25 footer for a 3 on hole 1) anything sub 54 is a good score...

Felt like a 25 mph headwind on every hole...Typical??
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 11:06:37 PM »
I do really enjoy the course and shooting in the 40s is no stretch of the imagination, especially when concrete tees are in. I wish it was closer to us eastsiders!
Matt perry

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2013, 09:46:30 AM »
Can't wait to get the tee pads in.  As it stands, folks have been moving the tees to their liking.  Hole #9 and #17 come to mind unless it was simply because of the mud. 

Played it over the weekend and saw a few snakes, one of which I stepped on that was out in the open about 20 feet out from hole #5.  Garter snake I guess.  Yellow stripe down the back and dark rust color.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2013, 10:25:23 AM »
Played it yesterday. Pretty neato little course. the Lumpy/Uphill teepads killed me. Seems there's a headwind on every hole except 6,7,8
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

tenaciousg

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 10:49:09 PM »
Finally made it out to play today.  Awesome course.  Very scenic and just a pleasure to be on during a beautiful 60 degree day like today.  The headwinds are no joke though, especially on the front 9 by the lake.  But it was damn pretty to look at as I watched my discs get whipped around :)

The navigation signage was very much appreciated as this thing covers a lot of terrain, turning and bending around every corner.  The back 9 seemed to have a bit less of this signage though, I did notice. 

Teepads really didn't bother me.  I'd be more interested in seeing tee signs, as a lot of these baskets were tough/impossible to see from the tee, and made even tougher by the setting sun over the lake turning everything into a shadow and glare. 

Don't let any of these small critiques dissuade you from my overall opinion of this course:  I frickin LOVED it.  Pretty long for my arm, but still found myself with doable upshots on most of the long holes (not all) and gave myself plenty of par attempts.  Even had a birdie attempt, maybe 2.  For the first time out, and throwing blind off of some tees, not bad.  I really can't wait to get out there again now that I know where some things are.

Couldn't believe on an awesome spring evening like today, I only saw 2 other groups on the entire course.  1 was a couple + child that I think only played 9 holes, and the other were 2 nice guys I played a few holes with before I jumped ahead.  Is this course still a secret?  Cause it might be the prettiest in KC.

I am terrified of what this thing might look like in the summer though.  Lots of thick, mushy grass right now makes me fearful that it will be a wasteland of knee high weeds in the summer.  Combine that with tons of trees, thick foliage, and what I'm sure will be a sh1tload of bugs and snakes next to the water, and I have my concerns about playing a summer round out there.  We will see.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness, just wanted to get my thoughts out on a mini review. 

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 08:34:53 AM »
Cause it might be the prettiest in KC

I respectfully disagree.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831