Author Topic: Stolen #1!!!!!  (Read 9608 times)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« on: April 16, 2005, 04:47:41 PM »
WTF?  :x

For anyone who didn't know it appears that some theives decided to steal the number one basket at Rosedale up top :(.

What the happens now?

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

ecafkcid

Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 07:32:53 AM »
To make a point only league players are entitled to play all 18 holes. The rest must suffer and only play 17 holes.

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 08:40:16 AM »
Quote from: "ecafkcid"
To make a point only league players are entitled to play all 18 holes. The rest must suffer and only play 17 holes.

Ya we moved the far practice basekt for our Beginners league, but it still sucks that it's the course closest to my house, and only has the 17 up top.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 09:15:05 AM »
If you ask me they should pull the other 17 baskets out of the ground for the rest of the year, just to teach them a lesson. Then maybe people would appreciate what they have and the hard work the KCFDC has done to make that park a fun place to play.
Mike Penney

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 09:23:51 AM »
Quote from: "A-Lefty"
If you ask me they should pull the other 17 baskets out of the ground for the rest of the year, just to teach them a lesson. Then maybe people would appreciate what they have and the hard work the KCFDC has done to make that park a fun place to play.

Whoa Mike, that might be a little drastic, but maybe requiring some type of donations to get half the cost or even the full amount of a basket might be a good idea?

-Dennis

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 09:39:52 AM »
No I don't feel it's drastic at all. There are plenty of other courses in town that can be played. Besides I don't like waiting the three hours it takes to play a round there because everyone thinks Rosedale is the only course in town. Then when it comes time to do work out there it's the same people doing it. So I'd rather see all the baskets gone for a while. It would really drive the point to the thief that stole the basket and his friends. It isn't the first time that a basket has been stollen from out there but I hope it's the last. And if you pull all the baskets maybe the next person who thinks about stealing will remember what happened. You can get a basket of your own for around 100 bucks, so why make everyone else pay for someone else's stupidity and greed. Pull all the baskets is what I say!!!!!
Mike Penney

ecafkcid

Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 04:01:56 PM »
My point was missed. It appears that league players are granted special status. I feel that is not the way it should be. Are the baskets property of the park? If so what gives leagur the right to deprive everyone else but them access to a full course?

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 04:32:17 PM »
Quote from: "ecafkcid"
My point was missed. It appears that league players are granted special status. I feel that is not the way it should be. Are the baskets property of the park? If so what gives leagur the right to deprive everyone else but them access to a full course?

Ya I'm sorry I totally missed that.  From my understanding it's the course supervisor's decsion on how long to leave #1 missing.  But the right the leagur has over everyone else was they had a key to the padlock for another basket.  I haven't been out there since Monday so the Wednesday night league could have moved it and left it.

It's a terrible situation all around, what would be nicer than teaching everyone a lesson would be catching who stole the damn thing in the first place.

-Dennis

BTW: Nice SN ecafkcid :D LOL

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 12:09:24 AM »
I guess this is not a well known fact, but here's the deal. Disc golf exists in not just Rosedale but all the parks that there is  baskets in KC because of the hard work that is done by the Kansas City Flying Disc Club. The club works in conjuction with the Parks and Rec to provide a fun and safe enviroment for everyone to enjoy. There has been tons of hard work done by many individuals (starting with ACE MASON) that we as kids get to benefit from. The fact that someone would be so selfish as to steal from kids is just plain sickening. Disc Golf is supposed to be something that we all can enjoy together as indivduals. So it all starts with you. If you are just as disturbed about this as I am, then join in the next time there is a work day. If your not a club member become one today by picking up a peice of trash. It's that simple! Yes leagues do have rights because they actually pay to play in the park. There is a donation box that is in Rosedale to provide future fun for everyone. Have you noticed the young trees in the park. That is just one example of the work that the club brings to everyone. If you are still in question about the statis of Rosedale park ask anyone who was around just 5 years ago. It is a completly differant place beacuse of Disc Golf! I encourage anyone and everyone else to please chime in. We don't know just how lucky we are. The Parks and Rec givith, the Parks and Rec takith away! It doesn't take much with them. Be responcable folks.
Mike Penney

ecafkcid

Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 06:03:13 AM »
I have been playing longer than 5 years. Will KC parks and rec recognize league as having more rights than any other person? My point is if league goes throught the trouble of moving 1 of the 2 practice baskets LEAVE it for all not just the ones who have time to play at a horribly slow pace at league.

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 09:09:16 AM »
I still don't understand "your point."  What does #1 being stolen have to do with the league?

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 10:17:32 AM »
Leagues DO have rights over the course. The KCFDC can CLOSE the course at anytime, for example during the Wide Open. If you don't want to play at the horribly slow pace at league, there is a 18 hole course in the woods called Down Under. Like I said before there is more then just Rosedale Park. Go to the courses page to find a differant park. Hole 1's basket was stolen. I haven't and am not moving any of the other baskets to replace it. What Dick Parker or Paul do for thier leagues is up to them. If they want to move baskets that is thier call. From what I have gathered that is just the way things are going to be until the basket is recovered. Trust me I have very little say over anything that happens in the park. I am just trying to provide information so that everybody understands the situation.
Mike Penney

tommymarin

Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2005, 10:42:30 AM »
man that sucks somebody stole the basket. but whining about the leauges isn't going to change anything. Jay and Pete were voted in as course coordinators and the club is lucky to have them. go play down under :!:

tommymarin

Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2005, 11:59:20 AM »
Schoen-hopper.... i don't think the basket being stolen has anything to do with the leagues. just sounds like mindless whining to me. the basket is gone, but the leagues go on........wanna play 18 holes up top at rosedale play one of the leagues......not hard to figure out.....

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2005, 12:01:49 PM »
Quote from: "tommymarin"
Schoen-hopper.... i don't think the basket being stolen has anything to do with the leagues. just sounds like mindless whining to me. the basket is gone, but the leagues go on........wanna play 18 holes up top at rosedale play one of the leagues......not hard to figure out.....

Nicely said :)