Author Topic: Stolen #1!!!!!  (Read 9575 times)

Flip

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2005, 01:08:47 PM »
The club controls the course- where and when the baskets are placed, etc.  

The person(s) who stole the basket are most likely discgolfers who play Rosedale regularly.  They probably were thinking they were taking park property and the city would put another basket in right away.  If the basket were replaced promptly then the thiefs' friends would think they want a basket too, no big deal the city has lots of money, and another basket would disappear.

Pete's decision to not replace the basket makes the thief look less like Robin Hood and more like the Scrooge in the eyes of his friends who may in turn tell him to put the basket back or maybe turn him in.  At least this may discourage someone from considering taking a basket in the future.

Leagues generate money for the club, therefore they do take precedent over casual players, the majority of whom (at Rosedale) are not club members and have never contributed to the course in any way.  

My point was missed. It appears that league players are granted special status. I feel that is not the way it should be

Bottom line - the only reason there is a discgolf course in KC is due directly to the efforts of the club.  The parks department did not install the course and then the club came along to take advantage of it.  Individuals in the club cleared the land, poured the pads, and installed the baskets- all after convincing the parks dept to let us use the land.  As such, any club use of the course takes priority over casual players.

-Sean

ecafkcid

Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 04:08:18 PM »
Agree the course is there because of the club. But not all club members play leagues . So the point stands leagues get 18 and everyone else doesnt. Agree or disagree I feel it is wrong. I pay my taxes I pay my club dues. Should be no reason that league gets 18 and others dont.

tommymarin

Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 04:23:07 PM »
yup the reason leagues get 18 holes is becuase they are paying the 5 bucks to play 18 holes. everyone else gets 17 becuase some jerk stole a basket. it's not the hard to figure out dude. you aren't being asked to like it. nobody else likes it either. go throw your frisbee down under,another course, or pay 5 bucks at league. whining isn't going to change anything. if you want a better responce change your name and attitude dude.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 04:26:59 PM »
being a bit harsh there don't you think Tommy?
Mike Penney

tommymarin

Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2005, 08:34:56 AM »
harsh naw not even close there lefty. sometimes the boneheads need to be told how it is. i think lefty and sean did a good job of explaining to the guy what was up and he still was whining. if you're spending time on here whining, you got too much time on your hands and should be out at the park doing something.

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2005, 08:16:31 AM »
There is a nice new coure at CLIFF DRIVE if he want's to play 18 soooo bad its like 5 to 10 min's away from rose.. :wink:
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2005, 09:30:24 AM »
There was a #1 on Saturday and Sunday both non-league days.

-Dennis
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »
Yo TK howabout some directions from Rosedale to Cliff drive?

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2005, 12:13:38 PM »
Quote from: "Flickdaddy"
Yo TK howabout some directions from Rosedale to Cliff drive?

Here is a Google Map w/ directions
Rosedale to Cliff Drive

I dont know if this the absolute best rounte but it's a start.

-Dennis

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2005, 12:19:51 PM »
I-35 North to I-70 East, Prospect Ave Exit, Go North. Follow Prospect until end ends. Cross Lexington. Go around to the Left and keep heading North,around the old Water Reservoir to the small parking lot. You can click on the Map to Course from the courses page.There should also be a map of the course. And to be honset it's better if you park at hole 6, you walk by your car a couple of times that way. Let me know when you are going, I'll try to meet you out there.
Mike Penney

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2005, 08:37:32 PM »
Thanks for the help DJ and A leffty.. Just got back to my bridge and read my e-mail and stuff.. But any way I was their today..
when I was leaving on walbash their was a little girl playing in the street and I thought damn she need to be on the sidewalk.
well when I got home and turned on the new she had got hit.. that sucks but I think they said not life threating.
Mental note Must drive slow down walbash.
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

Smack83

Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2005, 10:45:23 AM »
Quote from: "ecafkcid"
To make a point only league players are entitled to play all 18 holes. The rest must suffer and only play 17 holes.

I know this thread is a few months old, but my question is still relevant.  I'm heading out to Rosedale on Wednesday. I'm new to the area just moved here in June.  I've played at Waterworks and Swope now and love them both.  Is it true that when I head out there on Wednesday I will only be able to play 17 holes?  The leagues here in KC take away the first basket and only use it for themselves?  I'm not attacking the leagues because it sounds like if it weren't for them I wouldn't get to enjoy playing here at all!  I'm just trying to get the facts straight.  

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but this is what it sounds like to me.  When I head out there (planning on playing the upper course) will I be able to play 17 or 18 holes?  

Thanks for all the hard work guys!  The courses here are great!!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2005, 10:53:01 AM »
All 18 holes are there. The stolen basket has been replaced. Not recovered, replaced. The basket was indeed stolen and money was spent to replace it. So, fear not. You'll get a full round in. Thanks for the support.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2005, 10:55:52 AM »
There are 36 holes at Rosedale all the time.  They have replaced the stolen basket since it was stolen.

Keep in mind, the main course will be closed Wednesday night for the league players, as they are playing a different layout than normal.  

But you will be more than welcome to play in the league night if you wanted to.

-Dennis

Smack83

Stolen #1!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2005, 11:04:23 AM »
Quote from: "DJayhawk"

Keep in mind, the main course will be closed Wednesday night for the league players, as they are playing a different layout than normal.  

What time does the league start and when will it end?  I'm heading out there with a few friends on Wednesday.  We were planning on playing around 6:30.

Thanks for the heads up, I never thought about conflicts with the leagues.